- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Mackie SPIKE 24/96k Compact Recording System
- Product 248150
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Recording music on a Mac or PC just got exponentially easier with Spike, a complete digital recording solution from Mackie. Spike consists of the XD-...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A complete desktop solution for 24-bit/96kHz audio recording and MIDI production on Mac or PC.
Recording music on a Mac or PC just got exponentially easier with Spike, a complete digital recording solution from Mackie. Spike consists of the XD-2 USB 24-bit 96kHz Audio/MIDI Interface featuring clean, high-headroom Mackie mic preamps and onboard SHARC dynamics processing; incredibly easy-to-use Tracktion multitrack audio recording software with unlimited track count and VST plug-in support; and the Nomad Factory Blue Tubes Warmer Phaser plug-in. Quite simply, this is the easiest open-ended system for computer music production.
XD-2 USB audio/MIDI interface
The XD-2 is a 2-channel, mic/line/instrument USB audio and MIDI interface with 24-bit, 96kHz resolution, high-quality internal effects for tracking and monitoring, and support for ASIO 2.0, WDM and OS X Core Audio. Its footprint may be small, but this compact interface offers great sound, channel dynamics & EQ for tracking and monitoring, and comes with enough software to get up and running right out of the box. Since the XD-2 has an onboard SHARC processor, it allows things like low-latency monitoring and powered dynamics processing--all controllable via an intuitive on-screen graphic display.
Tracktion is intuitive audio recording and MIDI production software based around a refreshingly simple user interface, thoughtful features¦and personality!
Tracktion integrates all the major features of a professional digital audio workstation into a simple working environment that gets all the technical stuff out of the way, allowing you to focus on making music. And with full VST plug-in support, you can use all your favorite plug-ins from other applications.
Spike gives users several ways to tap into high-quality effects.
For starters, the XD-2's onboard DSP provides channel dynamics and EQ for tracking and mixdown, plus low-latency monitoring with no drain on host computer's CPU.
The bundled Tracktion software includes built-in Reverb, Chorus, Delay, EQ, Compressor, and Phaser. It also allows users to run any of thousands of VST effects plug-ins (sold separately) and comes bundled with all the Maxim Digital Audio (MDA) virtual instruments and plug-ins.
To get started, Spike also includes the Warmer Phaser plug-in by Nomad Factory: a special edition VST plug-in with all of the characteristics of a traditional analog phaser, plus panning, vibrato, and tube simulation.
- 2-channel 24-bit/96k USB audio and MIDI interface for Mac or PC
- 2 mic/line/instrument inputs with high-headroom Mackie mic preamps
- Onboard SHARC chip for full channel dynamics and EQ with intuitive computer-based control - all without a drain on the host computer
- Low-latency monitoring with effects
- DSP available for mixdown
- Easily fits in a laptop bag with unique, "swivel foot"
- Unlimited track and effect count (based on computer's processing power)
- Full VST support, including VSTi synths
- Drag and drop waveform editing
- Full automation capabilities
- Built-in Sampler, Reverb, Chorus, Delay, EQ, Compressor, and Phaser
- Pitch Shift and Time Stretch features
- Full ReWire support
- Audio file rendering, exporting, and archiving capabilities
- Perfect for home studios, project studios, live performing and recording--anywhere that high-quality 24-bit/96k digital recording is needed
- Compatible with Windows XP and Mac OS X, ASIO 2.0, WDM, and OS X Core Audio