- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Mojave Audio MA-1000DS Multi-pattern Large-Diaphragm Tube Condenser Microphone - Desert Sand
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L77529 000000000 L77529000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
David Royer is the driving force behind Mojave designs, and he brings with him a wealth of experience and philosophy about microphones, all of which ...Click To Read More About This Product
Built for vocals, acoustics, keys, drums and more.
David Royer is the driving force behind Mojave designs, and he brings with him a wealth of experience and philosophy about microphones, all of which is in the design and production of the MA-1000DS. Drawing inspiration from some of recording history's most revered microphones, the MA-1000DS is a modern tube microphone that features an original new old-stock 5840 tube, a 251-style capsule, and custom designed transformer built by Coast Magnetics. The result is a sweet, airy top end, a gripping presence and realism in the mids, and an authoritative but not unruly bottom end.
The MA-1000DS is ideal for a wide variety of applications. Naturally, it is aimed at being your go-to mic for lead and background vocals and voiceovers, but it is also spectacular on acoustic instruments, piano, drum overheads and room sound. Its omni settings make it ideal for orchestral and choral recording as well.
The MA-1000DS comes in a Desert Sand finish.
- Original new old-stock 5840 tube
- 251-style capsule
- Custom designed transformer by Coast Magnetics
- Remotely controlled, continuously variable polar pattern selector, located on power supply
- Switchable 15dB pad
- Switchable Bass Roll-off
- Internal switchable power supply voltage
- American Classic Design
- Comes with Sling-Shock licensed from Royer Labs
- Premium Cable made with Mogami Cable and Neutrik connectors
A versatile condenser microphone that delivers in a variety of applications. Order your MA-1000DS mic today.
- Element: Polarized capacitor
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Max SPL: 120dB, 135 with pad
- Connector: XLR
- Capsule: Condenser
- Polar pattern: Variable omni to figure 8
- Type: Mounted
- Phantom power required: Yes
- Diameter: 2"
- Length: 7.6"
- Weight: 13 lb. (case, ps, mic)
- Case: Yes
- Clip: Yes
- Shockmount: Yes
- Power supply: Yes
- Cable: Yes (2)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.