- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Mojave Audio MA-200 Large Diaphragm Tube Condenser Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 581137 000000000 581137000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Mojave MA-200 is a large diaphragm, vacuum tube condenser microphone with a fixed cardioid pattern. Utilizing hand-selected 3-micron capsules, hi...Click To Read More About This Product
A low-noise tube mic with superb performance and warm, full-bodied sound.
The Mojave MA-200 is a large diaphragm, vacuum tube condenser microphone with a fixed cardioid pattern. Utilizing hand-selected 3-micron capsules, high-quality Jensen audio transformers and military-grade JAN 5840 vacuum tubes, the MA-200 condenser Mic performs at a level reminiscent of some of the best loved classic condenser microphones. The power supply for the MA-200 condenser mic can be set for 115V and 230V, 50 or 60 Hz, through an internal switch (100V is also available).
Born to a lineage of fine microphone designs by David Royer, one of an elite group of microphone designers who know that music and sound are inseparable from electronic design, the MA-200 gives warm, full-bodied reproductions of vocals and instruments, with none of the shrillness and high frequency distortion artifacts that are often encountered with modern condenser microphones. Each Mojave MA-200 microphone, power supply and cable set is burned in for 24 hours, carefully tested and evaluated, then packaged in its protective case-within-a-case.
Use anywhere you would use an expensive, large diaphragm tube microphone:
Drum Overheads, Drum Rooms
- Hand-selected 3-micron capsule
- Jensen audio transformer
- Military grade JAN 5840 vacuum tube
- Internal switchable power supply voltage
- Ultra clean signal path
Get a studio mic with modern reliability and classic tube sound at an amazing price/performance ratio.
- Transducer Type: Externally excited capacitor type
- Diaphragm: 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered
- Diaphragm Thickness: 3-microns
- Polar Response: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 30 Hz-18 kHz, ±3dB
- Sensitivity: -37dB re 1V/pa
- Maximum Spl: 120dB
- Distortion: head amp only, <1% @117dB SPL, <3% @ 125dB SPL
Self Noise: 14db nominal, not to exceed 16db (A Weighted)
- Impedance: 200 ohms, balanced using an output transformer
- Vacuum Tube: 5840 - pentode tube wired for triode operation
- Power Requirements: 100-120VAC; 220-240VAC, 50 or 60 Hz. Power consumption approx. 10 watts.
- Dimensions And Weight: Carrying case with microphone, power supply, shock mount
- and cables: 13 lbs.
- Microphone: 7 5/8" X 2", 1 lb.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.