- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Nady RSM-5 Ribbon Studio Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 277401 000000000 277401000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Nady RSM-5 Studio Microphone has a low-tension aluminum ribbon design for smooth, natural extended low and high ends. With fast, accurate transie...Click To Read More About This Product
Ribbon mic technology made affordable.
The Nady RSM-5 Studio Microphone has a low-tension aluminum ribbon design for smooth, natural extended low and high ends. With fast, accurate transient response, ultra-high SPL capability, and stunning realism. The compact shape of the RSM-5 makes unobtrusive placement a breeze when recording instruments. Other features include: Figure-8 audio directional pickup patterns with front and rear wide, extended sweet spots (as compared to large diaphragm condenser mics); increased off-axis high frequency response on sides, with decreased high response above and below on-axis; individual recording volume control of separate sources; and machined housing with advanced internal shock mount construction for the highest structural integrity and rugged reliability.
Looking for smooth, clear-sounding vocals? Ribbon technology gives you the natural-sounding highs while the figure-8 pattern eliminates proximity effect and the low frequency rumble that comes with the off-axis coloration of cardioid mics. Plus, you get a little room tone for added ambience and realism.
- Low-tension, 45mm long, 2-micron thick aluminum ribbon design with large mellow ribbon audio reproduction
- Smooth, natural extended low and high end detail with realistic mid-range
- Perfect for miking guitar amps and cabinets, brass instruments, strings, piano, percussion, vocals and orchestra ambiance
- Up to 135dB SPL capability for stunning realism and accurate transient response
- Figure-8 pick-up pattern with extended sweet spot for both front and rear sides
- Includes microphone clip and carrying bag
- Polar pattern: figure 8
- Sensitivity: -60±2dB (0dB=1V/Pa.)
- Frequency response: 30-18KHz
- Output impedence: 200 Ohms
- Recommended load impedence: 1000 Ohms
- Max. SPL (1% TDH @ 1000 Hz): 165 dB
- Mic cable: 3-pin XLR standard link cable
- Size: diameter 2.125" (54 mm), length 6.5" (165 mm)
- Weight: 11 oz. (312 gr.)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.