- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Neumann KH 80 Active DSP Powered Studio Monitor
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J53443 000000000 J53443000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Neumann KH 80 Active DSP Powered Studio Monitor is a 2-way active bi-amplified studio monitor featuring a DSP engine with network control, a Math...Click To Read More About This Product
Professional near-field studio monitor with advanced sound technology and DSP engine.
The Neumann KH 80 Active DSP Powered Studio Monitor is a 2-way active bi-amplified studio monitor featuring a DSP engine with network control, a Mathematically Modeled Dispersion Waveguide (MMD), an analog input and an extensive range of mounting hardware. This allows the loudspeaker to be used in diverse acoustical conditions, with any source equipment and in a wide variety of physical locations.
The KH 80 Active DSP Powered Studio Monitor is a professional reference monitor representing the latest in acoustic and electronic simulation and measurement technologies to ensure the most accurate sound reproduction possible. The KH 80 Active DSP is designed for use as a near-field monitor, as a front loudspeaker in small multi-channel systems, or as a rear loudspeaker in a compact multi-channel systems. It can be used in project and music studios, broadcast centers, OB vans, and post production studios for tracking, mixing, and mastering. It is also well suited for use in home studio environments.
The Perfect Sound of Mathematics at Work
The KH 80 DSP’s design is based on computer simulations that calculate with an accuracy that others do not match. Neumann's Mathematical Modeled Dispersion Waveguide (MMD™) provides their studio series with a solid base for precise sound direction that stays absolutely unique. Doing your sums properly has never sounded so good.
The Biggest Variable is Your Room. Neumann Has the Solution.
It might be a project studio, an outside broadcast van, or just a corner of a building: The room defines the sound. Surfaces and corners in the room cause interference, diffraction, reflection, and refraction: all are forms of distortion. For a really true sound, you normally need expensive equipment plus plenty of time and expertise to align it correctly – or smart algorithms. Neumann's DSP engine optimizes the sound output, delivering quality way above price-tag. And you do not need to be an expert use it. The KH 80 DSP is ready for our upcoming software Neumann.Control – which will be available for tablets and computers starting from mid-2017, allowing you to align and control the monitor with a swipe of your finger or click of a mouse.
Professional Standards for Everyone
Highest quality components, high-end protection systems and performance reserves are what you would expect from this studio class product. Its quality and design makes the KH 80 DSP a flexible near-field studio monitor, which delivers professional-quality sound wherever you need it. It can be used in studios, editing rooms or outside broadcast trucks. Some Neumann customers like it so much, they use KH 80 DSPs in their living rooms. And why not? Neumann's monitor delivers digital precision for a masterpiece of analog technology: your ears.
- Latest modeling techniques used to minimize non-linear distortion
- Smoother off-axis response, more forgiving of diverse acoustical environments
- Compact polycarbonate composite cabinet
- Powerful highly efficient amplifiers with large headroom
- Wide range input gain and output level controls
Fast acting, high reliability and maximum performance. Order KH 80 DSP monitors today!
- Compact bi-amplified nearfield studio monitor
- 5.25" low-frequency driver (50W), 1" high-frequency driver (50W)
- Free-field frequency response: 52Hz to 21kHz (+/-3dB)
- Self-generated noise (with input gain set to 100dB for 0dBu): <20dB(A) at 10cm
- Maximum SPL: (half space at 3% THD at 1m): 111.1dB SPL, averaged 100Hz to 6kHz
- Bass equalization: 0dB, -2.5dB, -5dB, -7.5dB
- Mid equalization: 0dB, -1.5dB, -3dB, -4.5dB
- High equalization: +1dB, 0dB, -1dB, -2dB
- Input: XLR, >10 kOhms
- Input gain control (sensitivity): -15dBu to 0dBu
- Output level control: 94dB, 100dB, 108dB, 114dB SPL
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.