Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Neumann MA 1 Monitor Alignment Microphone and Calibration System Blacktrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Neumann MA 1 Monitor Alignment Microphone and Calibration System Black$249.00
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Great audio from home studios to professional control rooms.
Reliable monitoring anywhere
Neumann’s Automatic Alignment is a dedicated tool for stereo sets of KH 80 DSP monitors with or without the KH 750 DSP as well as two non DSP-based KH-Line monitors connected to the analog outputs of a KH 750 DSP subwoofer. Unlike conventional correction software it is an integrated solution with novel algorithms, jointly developed with the Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits (IIS) specifically for Neumann studio monitors. No plug-in or special audio driver is required: Alignment data is stored and processed within the DSP-powered monitors themselves. As a unique benefit, the software not only optimizes the amplitude response but also optimizes the phase. This provides highest accuracy in terms of tonality and impulse reproduction.
How it works
In a first step, acoustic data of the listening environment is gathered in a guided process. No special acoustic knowledge is required. Simply connect your Neumann monitors to the outputs of your audio interface or monitor controller. Additionally, your DSP-based KH-line monitors must also be connected to your computer’s ethernet port. For multiple connections, a standard ethernet switch will do. Now plug the measurement microphone into your microphone input. This microphone was specifically developed for this software and is individually calibrated by it. The software will guide you through the measurement process.
From the measured data, the software ascertains the room’s acoustic properties. The individual correction parameters are generated according to a room-specific target curve calculated by the software. Neumann's decades of experience in calibrating monitoring systems in studio control rooms has been incorporated into this process. Of course, you can modify the target curve to your needs. Additionally, the alignment process ensures an optimal summation in the low frequencies when a subwoofer is used.
All resulting correction parameters are stored and processed in the DSP-powered monitors. So there is nothing to worry about anymore, no plug-ins, no driver issues. And no additional cables, either: Once the alignment process is completed, the ethernet connections are not required anymore.
Using the KH 750 DSP subwoofer, stereo sets of analog KH-Line monitors, too, can be used with the Automatic Monitor Alignment Software. The KH 750 DSP has enough processing power to align the entire system including the two analog loudspeakers connected to its outputs. Additionally, KH 120, KH 310, and KH 420 loudspeakers profit from phase linearization of their built-in crossover filters! The result is increased clarity, a dry bass, and a time-correct, more accurate depiction of reverbs and acoustic spaces.
The MA 1 Automatic Monitor Alignment is the beginning of a new era in monitoring. Starting with the current version, which delivers outstanding acoustic results for stereo setups, the range of software functions will be expanded step by step with updates.
- Calibration algorithms jointly developed with Fraunhofer IIS
- For stereo setups with KH 80 DSP and all pairs of analog (non DSP-based) Neumann monitors
- using the KH 750 DSP subwoofer
- Individually calibrated measurement microphone
- Room adaptive target curve
- Phase and amplitude optimization for analog Neumann monitors
- For Mac and PC
For the best possible sound quality in any room. Order today.
MA 1 Monitor Alignment Microphone and Calibration System Specifications:Acoustical operating principle
- Pressure transducer
- 30 mV/Pa -30 dBV +/- 3 dB
- uncalibrated | 30 mV/Pa -30 dBV
- +/- 0,5 dB Calibrated (via
- 50 Ohms
- 1,000 Ohms
- 48V ± 4V
- 3 mA
- 37 g
- 23 mm
- 117 mm
- 0 °C - +70 °C (32 °F - 158 °F); max. 90 % at +20 °C
- −20 °C - +70 °C (−4 °F - 158 °F); max. 90 % at +20 °C
- The following loudspeakers and subwoofers are network-enabled and can be controlled directly by the
- KH 80 DSP
- KH 750 DSP
- The following loudspeakers are not network-enabled and need to be connected via a network enabled
- subwoofer in order to be included in the system setup.
- KH 120 A
- KH 120 D
- KH 310 A
- KH 310 D
- KH 420/KH 420 + DIM 1
- 1 pair of KH DSP loudspeakers or 1 KH 750 DSP subwoofer in combination with a pair of analog (non-DSP based) KH loudspeakers
- Neumann MA 1 measurement microphone
- Computer (Windows 10 64-bit and macOS 10.13, 10.14 or 10.15)
- Audio interface with balanced analog input with 48V phantom power and 2 balanced analog outputs or digital AES3 output (only with KH 750 DSP)
- Screen resolution of 1280x720 px or higher
- Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit and macOS 10.13, 10.14 or 10.15
- Neumann Automatic Monitor Alignment software
- ASIO driver (for Windows)
- The following loudspeakers and subwoofers are network-enabled and can be controlled directly by the software:
- KH 80 DSP
- KH 750 DSP
- The following loudspeakers are not network-enabled and need to be connected via a network- enabled subwoofer in order to be included in the system setup.
- KH 420/KH 420 + DIM 1
- After the alignment process, the MA 1 software stores the correction data in the monitors or in the subwoofer; not in the software application. Therefore, no Ethernet connection to the computer is required for further operation of the aligned system. Currently, the data stored in the loudspeaker( s) cannot be recalled or changed, once the software is closed. The calibration procedure must be started from the beginning and repeated.
- The following currently applies: If the loudspeakers were previously adjusted using the Neumann.Control iPad® app, their correction data will be overwritten by an alignment with the MA 1 software. If you open the Neumann.Control iPad app again, the last data stored in the app is sent to the loudspeakers, thus overwriting the correction data generated by the MA 1.
- Alignment settings are made via the MA 1 software. Other parameters (e.g. mute, volume, logo brightness, delay) cannot currently be controlled by the MA 1 software.
- The MA 1 software does not include Guided Alignment or Manual Alignment like on the Neumann.Control iPadapp.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.