- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Neumann SKM 184 MT Stereo Set
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H74192 000000000 H74192000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Neumann SKM 184 MT is a stereo set of miniature condenser mics with a black finish and cardioid polar pattern. A member of Neumann's Series 180 m...Click To Read More About This Product
A matched stereo pair of the world-renowned KM 184 miniature cardioid condenser studio mic.
The Neumann SKM 184 MT is a stereo set of miniature condenser mics with a black finish and cardioid polar pattern. A member of Neumann's Series 180 mics, its optimized mechanical construction and conscious omission of modularity make the SKM 184 ideal for for economy-minded production and home recording studios.
Their slender shapes and the transmission characteristics described below make the "Series 180" especially suitable for a very wide range of tasks in the radio and television sector.
The KM 183 and KM 184 microphones are the successors of the well proven KM 83 and KM 84, which have been used since the seventies worldwide with great success. The KM 185 rounds out the series with a hypercardioid microphone.
The KM 184 is a pressure transducer that features a very smooth frequency responses not only for the 0 axis, but also for lateral (off-axis) sound incidence. In typical usage, there is no coloration of sound over a wide pickup angle.
Although the KM 184 has the same capsule as the KM 84, the microphone differs slightly on the 0 frequency response: The KM 184 has a gentle rise at about 9 kHz, a characteristic that was introduced very successfully with the KM 140. The result is a tonal balance that is fresher and livelier when compared to the KM 84 with its flat frequency response in that band. This difference was achieved with just a slight change of the capsule's rear opening, and is not due to resonances.
The Series 180 microphones have the same transformerless circuitry as is used in the KM 100 system, resulting in excellent technical specifications:
Compared to the KM 84 the dynamic range of the KM 184 increased by 24dB mainly through the reduction of self-noise level to only 22dB (CCIR) and an increased sound pressure handlingcapability of up to 138dB.
The microphones operate without any problems, even if the input of following equipment happens to be unbalanced, for example as in some DAT recorders.
The output of the Series 180, as in all Neumann microphones, is balanced and phantom (48V) powered.
The "Series 180" is a good choice for all users who look for a high-quality miniature microphone, but do not need the complex, modular KM 100 system, which continues to be part of the Neumann product range.
The mechanical construction was simplified, for example, capsule and output stage cannot be separated from each other. For this reason the Series 180 is an economical alternative without giving up the electroacoustic features the users expect from Neumann microphones.
- Miniature microphone for all typical studio applications
- Successor of the world-renowned KM 83/84
- Transformerless circuitry
The KM 184 has become the classic, high-quality miniature microphone,. now also available in attractive stereo sets. Order today!
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure/Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: cardioid
- Frequency range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1k ohm: 15mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50 ohm
- Rated load impedance: 1k ohm
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR1): 22dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1): 13dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 72dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 81dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%2): 138dB
- Maximum output voltage: 10dBu
- Supply voltage (P48, IEC 61938): 48V ± 4V
- Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938): 3.2mA
- Matching connectors: XLR 3F
- Weight approx.: 2.8 oz. (80g)
- Diameter 7/8" (22mm)
- Length 4-3/16" (107mm)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.