Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Neumann KM 184 MT Stereo Settrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A matched stereo pair of the world-renowned KM 184 MT miniature cardioid condenser studio mic.
The Series 180 microphones have the same transformerless circuitry as Neumann uses in the KM 100 system, resulting in excellent technical specifications:
Compared to the KM 84, the dynamic range of the KM 184 is increased by 24dB mainly through the reduction of self-noise level to only 22dB (CCIR) and an increased sound pressure handling capability of up to 138dB.
The microphones operate without any problems, even if the input of following equipment happens to be unbalanced, for example as in some DAT recorders.
The output of the Series 180, as in all Neumann microphones, is balanced and phantom (48V) powered.
The "Series 180" is a good choice for all users who look for a high-quality miniature microphone, but do not need the complex, modular KM 100 system, which continues to be part of the Neumann product range.
The mechanical construction was simplified, for example, capsule and output stage cannot be separated from each other. For this reason, the Series 180 is an economical alternative without giving up the electroacoustic features the you expect from Neumann microphones.
- Miniature microphone for all typical studio applications
- Successor of the world-renowned KM 83/84
- Transformerless circuitry
The classic, high-quality miniature microphone, now avail able in an attractive stereo set. Order today!
KM 184 MT Stereo Set Specifications:
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure/Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: cardioid
- Frequency range: 20Hz–20kHz
- Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kohm: 15mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50 ohm
- Rated load impedance: 1kohm
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR1): 22dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1): 13dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94dB SPL): 72dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94dB SPL): 81dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%2): 138dB
- Maximum output voltage: 10dBu
- Supply voltage (P48, IEC 61938): 48V ± 4V
- Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938): 3.2mA
- Matching connectors: XLR 3F
- Weight approx.: 2.8 oz. (80 g)
- Diameter 7/8" (22 mm)
- Length 4-3/16" (107 mm)
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.