- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
PCC170SWO Surface Mount Supercardioid Boundary Mic
Condition 2 - Blemished 190839423153
- #H73910 005000001 H73910005000001
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Crown PCC-170SWO is a handsomely styled surface mounted supercardioid microphone that is appropriate for use on the most elegant boardroom table ...Click To Read More About This Product
(Open Box) Order a boundary mic with remote sensing for video tracking.
The Crown PCC-170SWO is a handsomely styled surface mounted supercardioid microphone that is appropriate for use on the most elegant boardroom table or lectern. Other applications include churches, courtrooms and council chambers.
Because of its highly directional pickup pattern, the PCC-170SWO minimizes background noise and feedback. The microphone reproduces the voice with a clean, clear and natural sound. Since the microphone capsule is placed on a boundary or surface, direct and reflected sounds arrive at the diaphragm in-phase. This coherent addition of direct and reflected waves increases sensitivity 6 dB and prevents phase cancellations. The mic capsule is small enough to ensure phase coherency up to the highest frequencies in the audible spectrum, resulting in a wide, smooth frequency response free of phase interference. Clarity and reach are also enhanced.
The PCC-170SWO offers a silent-operating membrane switch that is normally off. The switch can be configured for touch on/off, momentary on or momentary off. This configuration is set by a bottom-mounted DIP switch. A high-intensity LED lights when the unit is on. The microphones attenuate 70 dB when the switch is in the off position. Self-contained electronics eliminate the need for an in-line preamp. Powered by 12-48V phantom power, the PCC-170SW has a low-impedance mic level balanced output which permits long cable runs without hum pickup or high-frequency loss.
A pair of extra leads in the mic cable allows the CROWN PCC-170SWO isolated remote sensing of the microphone switch closure. In a typical distance-learning application, a video camera would track to the person who switched on the microphone. Remote sensing is done by a patented opto-coupled MOS switching circuit. At the remote-sensing leads, the resistance goes low when the mic is on. The microphones attenuate 70 dB when the switch is in the off position.
- Supercardioid polar pattern reduces muddy-sounding room acoustics and background noise
- CROWN PCC technologie (phase coherent cardioid) for clear and natural sound
- Programmable, silent operating on/off membrane switch
- Extra leads in mic cable allow remote sensing of mic switch closure
- Small and inconspicuous
- Houses of worship
- Distance learning
Great for distance learning applications.
- Polar pattern: supercardioid
- Frequency range: 40 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 22 mV/Pa (-30 dBV)
- Max. SPL: 120 dB
- Equivalent noise level: 22 dB-A
- Signal/noise ratio: 72 dB (A-weighted)
- Impedance: 150 ohms
- Power requirement: 12 to 48 V phantom power to DIN/IEC
- Connector: Switchcraft TB3M
- Cable: 4.6 m (15')
- Finish: satin black
- Dimensions: 8.6 x 12.3 x 2.3 cm (3.4 x 4.84 x 0.9 in.)
- Net weight: 170 g (6 oz.)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.