- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
ISA One Classic Single Channel Mic Pre
Condition 1 - Mint
- Write a Review
- #180258 004000000 180258004000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Back in the mid-1980s, Sir George Martin commissioned console design legend Rupert Neve to build a series of new, "no compromise" console modules for...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
(Open Box) Classic vintage microphone preamplifier at a groundbreaking price.
Back in the mid-1980s, Sir George Martin commissioned console design legend Rupert Neve to build a series of new, "no compromise" console modules for AIR studios. They were an enormous hit and formed the basis of the Focusrite Studio Console, widely regarded as the best-sounding analogue recording console of all time. Today, the descendants of those modules are used in leading studios around the world, and their sought-after Focusrite Heritage Sound lies behind hundreds of hit records. Today's ISA Range from Focusrite puts the classic sound of Focusrite into your own studio or live performance.
Featuring a rugged, portable all-metal enclosure, the ISA One combines the classic Focusrite microphone preamp with a flexible, independent DI channel and optional 192kHz precision A/D conversion.
At the heart of the ISA range is the microphone preamplifier with its Lundahl input transformer, essentially the same circuit, based on the original ISA110, that has been used for 30 years in successive Focusrite designs. The input transformer imparts a special character to the sound that can't be truly emulated in any other way: inseparable from the microphone itself, the transformer input stage is ideal for use with classic microphones. But this mic pre has a twist the original didn't have, which makes it far more versatile: four carefully-selected impedances allow you to match microphone to input in different ways. Bring out the character of a classic mic or emphasize a special feature, or go for a totally transparent, modern sound. It's up to you.
Whether you'e an artist, engineer or producer, you'll appreciate the versatility of the ISA One, with its front-panel DI input. The DI includes low/high impedance switching and an amplifier output, and its own feed to the optional A/D converter and separate rear-panel XLR output.
- ISA Series Transformer-based Preamplifier
- Flexible Independent DI Channel
- Switchable Impedance
- Headphone Output with Volume Control
- Dedicated Insert Point
- Optional stereo 192kHz A-D converter
- Lundahl LL1538 Input Transformer
- Focusrite offers a 2-year manufacturer's warranty
Now you can afford to go high end in your studio. Order today.
- Gain range: 0dB to 60dB in 10dB steps + 20 dB of variable gain
- Input Impedance, variable as follows:-
- (Switched Impedance setting Equivalent Input Impedance at 1kHz)
- Low: 600 Ohms
- ISA110: 1400 Ohms
- Med: 2400 Ohms
- High: 6800 Ohms
- EIN (equivalent input noise): -126dB measured at 60dB of gain with 150 Ohm terminating impedance and 22Hz/22kHz band-pass filter
- Noise at main output with gain at unity (0dB): -97dBu measured with a 22Hz/22kHz band-pass filter
- Signal to noise ratio relative to max headroom (9dBu): 106dB
- THD at medium gain (30dB): 0.0009% measured with a 1kHz -20dBu input signal and with a 22Hz/22kHz band-pass filter
- Frequency response at minimum gain (0dB): -0.5dB down at 10Hz and -3dB down at 125kHz
- Frequency response at maximum gain (60dB): -3dB down at 16Hz and -3dB down 118kHz
- CMRR=98dB (Channel 1, 1kHz, maximum gain with +24 dBu input)
- Crosstalk Channel to Channel: with 10dB@1kHz input to chA, chB output:104dBrA. With 10dB@10kHz input to chA, chB output: 84dBrA
- Gain range: -20dB to +10dB in 10dB steps + 20 dB of variable gain
- Input Impedance: 10kΩ from 10Hz to 200kHz
- Noise at main output with gain at unity (0dB): -96dBu measured with a 22Hz/22kHz band-pass filter
- Signal to noise ratio relative to max headroom (24dBu)=120dB
- Signal to noise ratio relative to 0dBFS (+22dBu): 118dB\
- THD at unity gain (0dB): 0.001% measured with a 0dBu input signal and with a 22Hz/22kHz band-pass filter
- Frequency Response at unity gain (0dB): -0.3dB down at 10Hz and -3dB down at 200kHz
- Gain range: 10dB to 40dB continuously variable
- Input Impedance:
- High: greater than1MΩ
- Low:greater than 300kΩ
- Noise at minimum gain (+10dB): -92dBu measured with a 22Hz/22kHz band-pass filter
- Noise at maximum gain (+40dB): -62dBu measured with a 22Hz/22kHz band-pass filter
- THD at minimum gain (+10dB): 0.001% measured with a 10dBu input signal and with a 22Hz/22kHz band-pass filter
- Frequency Response at 10dB gain with -10dB input: 10Hz-100kHz +/- 0.6dB
- Frequency Response at 40dB gain with -40dB input: -2.5dB down at 10Hz and 0dB at 100kHz
- Roll off: 18dB per octave 3 pole filter
- Fixed Frequency 75Hz measured at the 3dB down point
- Moving coil (MC) meter is factory calibrated to 0VU: +4dBu with 1kHz sinewave. With the VU Cal button pressed the meter can be adjusted on the rear panel to allow 0VU to equal +10dBu to +26dBu with the centre detent being equal to +22dBu.
- Peak LED meters calibrated in the detent position for 0dBFS: +22dBu, calibration is adjustable on the rear panel to allow 0dBFS to equal +10dBu to +26dBu
- Routing for MC and Peak1 meter is after the HPF, pre insert send or switched post insert return. Peak2 is always pre ADC channel 2, which can be fed by external input or Instrument input.
- LED levels are as follows when peak calibration is set to center detent on the rear panel. (This is when using the internal ADC).
- 0: +22dBu
- -2: +20dBu
- -6: +16dBu
- -12: +10dBu
- -18: +4dBu
- -42: -20dBu
- Mic input: XLR x 1
- Line input: XLR x 1 and TRS x1
- Instrument input TRS Jack: XLR x 1
- External ADC input: TRS Jack x 1
- Return: TRS Jack x 1
- Send: TRS Jack x 1
- Balanced line output: XLR x 1
- DI output: XLR x 1
- DI through: TS Jack x 1
- Cue mix left input: TRS Jack x 1
- Cue mix right input: TRS Jack x 1
- Headphones output: º" TRS Jack x 1
- 8.6 Ib. (3.9 kg)
- 8.66" x 4.1" x 10" - 11.4", (220mm x 104mm x 254 - 290mm)
- Related Products
- ISA Stereo ADC (compatible with ISA 430 MKII and ISA One)ISA Stereo ADC (compatible with ISA 430 MKII and ISA One)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.