Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Open-Box Genelec 8040B 6.5" Powered Studio Monitor (Each) Condition 1 - Mint Blacktrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A compact studio monitor with excellent directivity and accurate sonic imaging.
The ingenious, flow optimized, reflex port achieves clear deep bass articulation with no compression or port noises. Combined with the advanced Genelec Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) and the rounded edges and gently curved front and sides of the MDE (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure) enclosure, the result is an astoundingly wide, flat frequency response both on and off axis. Other benefits include superb imaging qualities and less listening fatigue.
Carefully designed crossover filters with steep roll-off feed dedicated amplifiers for each of the low distortion drivers. The 8040BPM includes magnetic shielding, overload protection circuitry and versatile room response controls as standard.
Each 8040BPM comes with an Iso-Pod (Isolation Positioner/Decoupler), which eliminates coloration of the sound by decoupling the monitor from its mounting surface. The Iso-Pod also allows the speaker to be angled so that its acoustic axis points directly at the listener. For ideal mounting in differing environments, the 8040BPM includes integrated rear support points for floor and wall stands, with an additional M10 threaded mounting hole on the enclosure base.
- Compact Bi-Amplified Active Monitor
- Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) flow-optimized reflex port design
- MDE (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure) Loudspeaker Design
- 3/4" (19 mm) Metal Dome Tweeter
- 6.5" (105 mm) Bass Cone Driver
- Bass Response Reaches Down To 48 Hz
- Separate Bass And Treble Amplifiers Produce 90 Watts Of Output Power Each
- Includes Iso-Pod (Isolation Positioner/Decoupler)
- Near Field Monitoring
- Audio Video Post Production
- Mobile Vans
- Home Theaters
- Project / Home Studios
- Digital Workstations
- Multimedia Production and Playback
Get a monitor that sounds great and has a small footprint.
8040B 6.5" Powered Studio Monitor (Each) Specifications:
- Input format: Analog
- SPL: Maximum short time sine wave acoustic output at 1 m on axis in half space, averaged from 100Hz to 3kHz: >105dB SPL
- Maximum peak acoustic output per pair with music material: >115dB SPL @ 1m
- Bass: 6.5"
- Treble: 3/4" metal dome
- Crossover frequencies: 3kHz
- Free field frequency response: 48Hz–20kHz (±2dB)
- Amplifier power /ch:
- Bass: 90W
- Treble: 90W
- Speaker dimensions (HxWxD): 13-3/4" x 9-3/8" x 8-13/16", (285 x 189 x 178 mm)
- Speaker weight: 8.6 kg (18.9 lb.)
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.