- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
C29AV-1 Control 2-Way Indoor/Outdoor Speaker
Condition 1 - Mint Black
- 600178 004001000 600178004001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Control 29AV-1 provides improved voicing for extremely flat, high fidelity performance, extended bandwidth and well-controlled defined coverage f...Click To Read More About This Product
(Open Box) Weather and theft resistant.
The Control 29AV-1 provides improved voicing for extremely flat, high fidelity performance, extended bandwidth and well-controlled defined coverage from a compact loudspeaker. The rotatable high-frequency horn allows use of the speaker in either vertical or horizontal orientation. Consistent coverage ensures excellent sound character throughout the listening area. Moderate magnetic shielding allows use of the speaker as close as 9" (230 mm) to video monitors. The top-quality line distribution transformer, designed for minimal insertion loss and reduced saturation, allows use of either 70V or 100V distributed speaker lines. In bypass position, the 8-ohm impedance allows use of multiple speakers on a loudspeaker line.
The InvisiBall mounting method is simple to install, aims easily and provides a high degree of theft deterrence. InvisiBall allows horizontal rotation of up to 41 off-axis and vertical rotation of up to 36 (horn end inward) or 23 (woofer end inward).
Weather resistance has been maximized in the Control 29AV-1 speaker. The woofer's cone is made of kevlar, surround is pure butyl rubber, and the driver basket is rear loaded to minimize direct exposure. The compression driver's diaphragm is pure titanium. The grille is thermoset composite-coated and comes with foam to minimize incursion of water. Nickel/zinc rust-resistant terminals ensure a secure input connection. An MTC-PC2 sealed-entrance cover is included to further protect the speaker's terminals.
JBL's exclusive SonicGuard overload protection is virtually inaudible to the listener, ensuring reliability while providing full fidelity sound.
You can't go wrong with speakers from the company whose name is synonymous with cinema sound and was voted number one in the recording industry in 1976 (the heyday of recording) by studio professionals. Today, JBL monitors are used by Grammy winners such as Frank Fillipetti (Ray Charles, Korn, Billy Joel, Kiss) and Nate Kunkel (B.B. King, Sting, Crystal Method, Maroon 5).
- Extremely smooth, flat frequency response with extended bandwidth
- 110 x 85 HF coverage, rotatable horn
- 110-Watt transformer for 70V or 100V lines, with 8 ohms through
- SonicGuard overload protection
- 8" (200mm) Kevlar cone woofer, 1" (25mm) titanium diaphragm compression driver
- InvisiBall mounting hardware
- Ten 6mm attachment points for suspension and optional U-bracket
- Sealed input panel cover and screw-down input terminals
Order today with the protection of our 45-day lowest price and total satisfaction guarantees!
- Low Frequency: 8" (200mm) kevlar cone with pure butyl rubber surround, 2" (50mm) voicecoil on fiberglass former
- High Frequency: 1" (25mm) compression driver, pure titanium diaphragm with patented JBL diamond surround
- Enclosure Material: High impact polystyrene
- Grille: Thermoset composite-coated steel
- Overload Protection: Full-range power limiting to protect network and transducers. Serviceable internal fuse to protect during extreme overload conditions
- Environmental: IEC 529 IP-X4 splashproof rating. Exceeds MilSpec 810 for humidity, salt spray, temperature & UV. Passes Mil-Std-202F for salt spray.
- Termination: Screw-down terminal strip, zinc-plated copper base, nickel-plated metal screws/washers. Accepts up to 9mm outside 4mm inside open lug (#6, #8 or #10 lug), plus bare wire (up to 12 AWG/2.5 mm)
- Safety Agency Rating: Transformer is listed per UL1876
- Dimensions: 20.5"H x 12"W x 10.9"D (520x306x277mm)
- Net Weight (each): 26.8 lbs. (12.2 kg)
- Shipping Weight (each): 30.8 lbs. (14.0 kg)
- Included Accessories: 1-piece MTC-PC2 input panel cover, InvisiBall mounting base, 6x260mm hex wrench
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.