Why Shop With Us?
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
We're Here for You
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Presonus BlueTube DP V2 2-Channel Mic/Instrument Tube Preamptrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Presonus BlueTube DP V2 2-Channel Mic/Instrument Tube Preamp$239.95
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
The next generation of PreSonus Class A XMAX tube preamp technology
The BlueTube DP v2 is an improvement on the classic BlueTube DP preamp. The solid-state path now feeds PreSonus' pure Class A XMAX mic preamplifier with 80dB of variable gain-an upgrade from the original BlueTube DP's solid-state stage. The tube path features a 12AX7 tube, which operates on voltages double that of other preamplifiers in its class, producing lots of headroom and big tone. BlueTube DP v2 offers lower noise, more high-end clarity, and an even smoother tube sound than its predecessor.
You still get all the secondary features you expect in a professional-grade preamp: 48V phantom power, an 80Hz high-pass filter, -20dB pad to control hot input signals, and a polarity-reverse switch. Each channel has an illuminated VU meter so you can visually monitor your input levels.
A Tube Drive control provides a wide range of sounds: when it's clicked off, you're using the solid-state preamp for quiet, transparent amplification; when it's engaged, your signals flow through the tube preamp, and you can achieve anything from gentle warmth to edgy distortion.
Versatile and Affordable
With two combo mic/instrument inputs, the half-rackspace BlueTube DP v2 is a great choice for guitars and basses as well as for vocals. Singer-songwriters can run their vocal through one channel and their guitar through the other, feeding both to the P.A.-no guitar amp needed. It also serves as a DI box, thanks to balanced XLR and unbalanced 1/4" outputs, and is housed in a new, rugged, 1/2U case. Try the BlueTube DP v2 as a front end for a DAW, too; sure, your recording interface might already include preamps, but few of them give you both tube and solid-state operation.
We have also updated the preamp's compact, rugged enclosure; it has more rounded edges and looks modern and sleek. It can be used as a desktop unit or it can be screw-mounted to a standard rack tray.
- Dual path mic/instrument tube preamp
- High-headroom Class A XMAX mic preamplifier with 80dB gain range
- 12AX7 Vacuum tube gain stage
- Tube Drive tube-saturation control
- 48V Phantom power
- 80Hz High-pass filter
- -20dB Pad to reduce hot input levels
- Polarity-reverse switch
- Illuminated analog VU input-level meter
- 2 Balanced combo mic/unbalanced instrument inputs
- 2 Balanced XLR main (L/R) line outputs
- 2 Unbalanced ¼" main (L/R) line outputs
- Compact 1/2U chassis
- External 12 VDC, 1A power supply
Get the new and improved version of the PreSonus BlueTube DP preamp today.
BlueTube DP V2 2-Channel Mic/Instrument Tube Preamp Specifications:INPUTS
- Mic Input:
- Connector Type: XLR, female, balanced
- EIN: -131 dB, 20kHz BW, max gain, Rs=40?, A-wtd -128 dB, 20kHz BW, max gain, Rs=40?, unwtd
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz, -0.3 dB, +4dBu, unity gain 5Hz - 120kHz, -3dB, +4dBu, unity gain
- THD+N: 0.01%, -10 dBu, 1kHz, unity gain, 20kHz BW, unwtd
- Dynamic Range: 115dB, 1kHz, unity gain, 20kHz BW, A-wtd 107 dB, 1kHz, unity gain, 20kHz BW, unwtd
- Input Impedance: 1.3 k?
- Phantom Power: +48 VDC, 10 mA
- Instrument Input:
- Connector Type: 1/4" TS, female, unbalanced
- Input Impedance: 1 M?
- Analog Output:
- Connector Types: XLR, male, balanced 1/4" TS, female, unbalanced
- Maximum Output: +20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 51?
- Tube Stage:
- Type: 12AX7
- Type: +12 VDC, 1000 mA, center pin positive
- PSU Barrel Dimensions: 5.5mm O.D., 2.1mm I.D., 9.5mm length
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.