Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
The RMX amplifiers are among the most reliable products in pro audio. It takes some real effort to blow these things up. The RMX design has had a long time to be tested in the marketplace and the results are in. This amp is a beast. Long hours, long roads, hot environments, indoors, outdoors, you name it. The RMX amps are among the best built, most reliable power sources you will find.
- Compact size
- High-current toroidal transformers
- Independent user-defeatable clip limiters
- Selectable low-frequency
- Balanced 1/4" (6.3 mm) TRS, XLR, and barrier strip inputs
- Touch-proof binding post and Neutrik Speakon outputs
- Independent DC and thermal overload protection
RMX850a Power Amplifier Specifications:Stereo Mode (both channels driven):
- 8Î/ FTC 20 Hz - 20 kHz / 0.1% THD: 185W
- 8Î/ EIA 1 kHz / 0.1% THD: 200W
- 4Î/ FTC 20 Hz - 20 kHz / 0.1% THD: 280W
- 4Î/ EIA 1 kHz / 0.1% THD: 300W
- 2Î/ FTC 20 Hz - 20 kHz / 1% THD: --
- 2Î/ EIA 1 kHz / 1% THD: 700W
- 8Î/ FTC 20 Hz - 20 kHz / 0.1% THD: 530W
- 8Î/ EIA 1 kHz / 0.1% THD: 600W
- 4Î/ EIA 1 kHz / 1% THD: 830W
- Signal to Noise (20 - 20 kHz) 8Î: > -100 dB
- Distortion (SMPTE-IM): <0.01%
- Input Sensitivity at 8Î: 1.23V (+4.0 dBu)
- Voltage Gain: 31.6X (30dB)
- Output Circuitry: Class AB
- Power Requirements: 4.5A
- Typical, 1/8 power pink noise at 4Î*: 6.6A
- Supplied Plug Type, 100/120V: NEMA 5-15
- Supplied Plug Type, 230V: CEE7/7
- Weight: 35lb
- Frequency Response : 20 Hz - 20 kHz: +0/-1 dB -3 dB points: 5 Hz and 50 kHz (LF filter bypassed / 8Î)Damping Factor (1 kHz and below)
- Input Impedance: 10K ohms unbalanced, 20K ohms balanced
- Input Clipping: 10 Vrms (+22 dBu)
- Cooling: Continuously variable speed fan, back-to-front air flow
- Connectors (each channel): Input: Active balanced / 3-pin Euro-style detachable terminal block and XLR (pin 2+)
- Controls: Front: AC switch / Ch. 1 & 2 gain knobs
- Rear: 10-position DIP switch
- Indicators: Power-on: Green LED / Signal: Yellow LED (1 per channel) / Clip: Red LED (1 per channel) | Protect: Red LED
- Amplifier Protection: Full short circuit, open circuit, thermal, ultrasonic, RF protection. Stable into reactive or mismatched loads
- Load Protection: Turn-on/off muting / AC coupling (850, 1450) / Triac crowbar (1850HD, 2450, 4050HD, 5050) on each channel
- Dimensions: 3.5" (8.9 cm) tall / 2 rack spaces
- Power Requirements: 100, 120, 230 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz (factory configured)
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.