Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Radial Engineering JDX-48 Reactor Guitar Amp Direct Boxtrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Ruggedly built, smartly designed.
Apart from taking the complete guitar amp signal as its sound source, the Radial JDX-48 features 100% discrete class-A circuitry and a transformer-coupled 'reactive load' that captures both the sound from the amp head along with the back electromagnetic impulse from the loudspeaker. This produces a more realistic rendering than the usual resistive pad offered by other manufacturers. The signal is then processed via a carefully designed multi-stage filter to emulate the tone of a 4x12 half stack cabinet.
In use, the JDX-48 delivers greater consistency over a typical microphone as irregularities such as mic placement and varying acoustics no longer play the dominant role on stage. This is most appreciated when using in-ear monitors as the tone remains consistent from one show to the next, resulting in shorter setup times and a more comfortable audio feed for the artist.
Although originally designed for guitar, the JDX has also become a favorite on bass. The clarity and punch in the lower midrange delivers a tone that is reminiscent of an Ampeg SVT connected to an 8x10 cabinet. On guitar it sounds as if you have a Shure SM57 in front of a Marshall half-stack. This new version also offers greater power handling for 300 watt amps and extended low end for deep bass frequencies.
- Authentic replication of your sound without the inconsistencies of miking
- Effective 412 cabinet emulation
- Consistent output show after show
- I-beam super-rugged construction
Pick one up. Yes, buy one, but literally, pick one up. That will tell you all you need to know about Radial Engineering build quality.
JDX-48 Reactor Guitar Amp Direct Box Specifications:Specifications
- Specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Audio circuit type: Discrete Class-A - Transformer Isolated
- Frequency response: Shaped for Guitar Use
- Dynamic range: 114dB
- Noise floor: -100dBu below 0dBu
- Maximum input: 120W @ 8„¦
- Maximum output: +14dBu (clip level)
- Thermal input limit: +49 VAC (from amplifier)
- Total harmonic distortion: <0.015% (+10dBu input @ 1KHz)
- Inter-modulation distortion: 0.03% (+10dBu input @ 1KHz)
- Input impedance: 15k„¦
- Output impedance: 2k„¦ (XLR out)
- Bass extension: Lowers frequency response for bass guitar
- 300 Watt amp: Increases power handling from 100W to 300W
- 180 polarity reverse: Inverts signal polarity at the XLR output
- Ground lift: Disconnects ground inside the power supply
- Filter: Active speaker emulation band-pass filter
- XLR configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Power: 48V phantom or +15VDC/400mA adapter Included
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis and outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: Size: 5" x 6.25" x 2" (127 x 159 x 51mm)
- Weight: 2.80lbs (1.28 kg)
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.