- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Radial Engineering SW8 8-Channel Passive Auto Switcher
- Write a Review
- K46365 000000000 K46365000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Radial SW8 is an 8-channel auto-switcher that allows you to set up a redundant backup system by automatically switching between two sources such ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The Radial SW8 is an 8-channel auto-switcher that allows you to set up a redundant backup system by automatically switching between two sources such as a pair of digital recorders, computers or network systems.
Designed primarily for live concerts and stage shows where backing tracks are used for orchestration, vocals and sound effects, SW8 employs an adjustable gate to detect a machine malfunction and automatically switch to a second 'backup' machine to deliver a seamless performance. One merely records a steady state signal on a track and feeds it to the SW8. Should the signal drop, the SW8 will automatically switch to the B system and 'sound' an alarm. Switching can also be performed manually via the front panel A~B switch, a rear access latching switch or by using the optional Radial JR2 footswitch. For larger systems, multiple SW8s may be linked together to create 16, 24 or 32 track systems.
Housed in a heavy duty 14-gauge steel 19 in. enclosure, the Radial SW8 is equipped with a choice of 25-pin D-sub or ¼ in. TRS connector inputs with both XLR and D-Sub outputs. The front panel XLRs produce a balanced DI mic level to feed a snake system and are transformer isolated to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops. The rear panel D-Sub provides direct balanced line level connectivity and the transformer isolated outputs may be internally re-patched to send the mic level signal to the 25-pin D-sub output if needed. To further suppress switching noise, a series of internal filters help eliminate DC offset from offending source devices. A global mute switch may be engaged that turns off the XLR outs, enabling you to audition and cue tracks on the fly. This is augmented by a standby switch that holds the SW8 on the source-A inputs in between songs.
The Radial SW8 eliminates embarrassing system malfunctions by providing an easy to implement system that will ensure your show will go on.
- Auto-switch between two 8-channel systems
- Expandable and remote controllable
- Mic- and line-level operation
- Transformer-isolated XLR mic outputs
- Full manual override with foot control
Call or click to order.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.