Why Shop With Us?
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
We're Here for You
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
RME MADIface USB 64-Channel USB 2.0 Audio Interfacetrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
RME MADIface USB 64-Channel USB 2.0 Audio Interface$999.00
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Bus powered for easy desktop use.
Thanks to its rugged build and bus-powered design, the MADIface USB is both reliable and simple to operate. With it’s small footprint, the MADIface USB is the perfect desktop solution for connecting MADI equipment to any Mac or PC.
Features and Operation Modes
MADIface USB offers several operation modes when used with a Mac or Windows computer: 64 Channel Mix, Redundancy mode, 128 Channel Mix and a straight routing mode.
The option Disable TotalMix completely disables TotalMix, the unit's flexible internal mixer and routing matrix. All input and output data is going straight to record/coming from playback, with no mixing or routing involved. In this mode the outputs are mirrored, carrying the same signal.
In 64 Channel Mix mode TotalMix shows 64 input, playback and output channels. All settings in TotalMix use the data from one MADI input port, and send identical data to both MADI output ports. The currently active MADI input port can be configured in the Settings dialog.
The option AutoSelect activates an automatic input selection. Using both inputs at the same time, AutoSelect puts the device into Seamless Redundancy mode. The MADIface USB will switch to the other input in real-time if the current one fails.
In 128 Channel Mix mode record and playback is still limited to 64 channels, with the current input selected in the Settings dialog. But the other input is also available through TotalMix, and the output signal is not mirrored, but separated, with TotalMix having 128 output channels. Applications like independent mix output, monitoring and serial pass-through of the second source are just a few clicks away.
Like all the latest RME interfaces, the MADIface USB also includes the powerful digital real-time mixer TotalMix FX. It allows for practically unlimited mixing and routing operations, with all inputs and playback channels simultaneously, to any hardware outputs. The MADIface does not have a DSP, so there are no FX available. Still it includes a dedicated Control Room section with Talkback, Main/Phones, fader groups, mute groups, complete remote controllability via Mackie or OSC protocol, and much more.
- USB 2.0 audio interface
- 64 in/64 out record/playback channels
- Two MADI I/O (optical and coaxial)
- Bus powered; external power supply not needed
- Seamless redundancy operation
Rugged reliability and simple use—order today.
MADIface USB 64-Channel USB 2.0 Audio Interface Specifications:Audio Quality
- Max bit depth: 24-bit
- Max sampling rate: 192kHz
- Total inputs: 2
- Analog inputs: 0
- Digital inputs: 2
- Mic preamps: 0
- XLR/TRS combo jacks: 0
- XLR only jacks: 0
- 1/4” only jacks: 0
- S/PDIF in: 0
- ADAT/optical in: 0
- RCA in: 0
- AES/EBU DSUB: 0
- MADI: Yes
- Dante: 0
- Total outputs: 2
- Analog outputs: 0
- Digital outputs: 2
- XLR out: 0
- 1/4” out: 2
- S/PDIF out: 0
- ADAT/optical out: 0
- RCA out: 0
- AES / EBU DSUB: 0
- MADI: Yes
- Dante: 0
- Connections: USB 2.0
- MIDI I/O: Yes
- Headphone output(s): Not specified
- Word-clock I/O: No
- Computer platform: Mac, PC
- Phantom power: Not specified
- Direct monitoring: Not specified
- Onboard DSP: Not specified
- Metering: Not specified
- Display: Not specified
- Latency control: Not specified
- Monitor control: Not specified
- Headphone control: Not specified
- Width: Info not available
- Height: Info not available
- Depth: Info not available
- Weight: Info not available
- Rack-mountable: No
- Included software: Yes
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.