Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
RODE NT1 5th Generation Blacktrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
The fifth generation of the classic large-diaphragm condenser in a black finish.
Featuring RØDE’s groundbreaking, Dual Connect output, the NT1 5th Generation can either be connected to an audio interface or mixer via XLR, or directly to a computer via USB for studio-grade, plug-and-play recording. This gives you unprecedented flexibility for any studio setup.
Classic Sound on the Cutting Edge
The NT1 5th Generation delivers the same warm, silky character, extremely low noise, and high SPL handling capability that the original is revered for, with improved circuitry for even lower self-noise—an astonishingly low 4dBA, making it the world’s quietest studio condenser microphone. When using the XLR output, it delivers the rich, classic studio condenser sound you know and love from the NT1. When using the digital output, you get this same sound, plus a slew of cutting-edge features to further enhance your audio for recording pro studio sound directly into your computer.
The Digital Studio of the Future
The NT1 5th Generation features a professional-grade audio interface built into the microphone, which is perfectly optimized to preserve its pristine audio fidelity and also offers a range of highly innovative features for enhanced sound, including RØDE’s ultra-low-noise, high-gain Revolution Preamp, high-resolution (192kHz) A/D conversion and advanced digital signal processing. This is so much more than just a studio condenser microphone, it's an all-in-one digital recording solution.
The “Unclippable” Microphone
The NT1 5th Generation features a world-first 32-bit float digital output—a revolutionary recording format that allows you to record everything from a whisper to a scream, the softest guitar to the loudest drummer without having to worry about setting your gain—simply adjust your audio after recording and all the dynamics of your performance will be maintained, with zero risk of clipping or distortion. It's safe to say the NT1 5th Generation is a gamechanger.
Versatility Like No Other
With its smooth frequency response, extremely low noise, high SPL handling, flexible connectivity options and powerful digital capabilities, the NT1 5th Generation offers versatility like no other studio mic. It excels in any recording application, from vocals and speech to guitars, drums to piano, and can fit into any workflow, from a solo bedroom recording setup to a professional studio.
Craft Your Sound
Craft your sound with advanced APHEX audio processing, driven by the NT1 5th Generation’s powerful onboard DSP. Add compression, a high-pass filter, noise gate, and the legendary APHEX Aural Exciter and Big Bottom to your audio with ease using the free RØDE Connect and RØDE Central companion apps. Dial in the perfect sound with the touch of a button using the intuitive VoxLab editor or fine-tune each processor using the advanced editor.
Premium Components, Built to Last
Made from premium components, the NT1 5th Generation is built to the highest standard in RØDE’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Sydney, Australia. The HF6 capsule is precision manufactured to sub-micron tolerances to ensure the utmost consistency in tonality and frequency response and is internally shockmounted for minimizing external vibrations. The body is machined from rugged aluminum a with high-grade black finish that is extremely resistant to scuffs and scratches, ensuring the NT1 5th Generation is ready to take on the rigors of recording day in, day out.
Everything You Need to Start Recording
The NT1 5th Generation comes with everything you need to start recording in the box, including a studio-grade shockmount and pop filter for minimizing unwanted sounds in your recording caused by plosives, knocks and bumps, a premium XLR cable with Neutrik connectors and Canare cabling, and a high-quality USB-C cable.
- Large-diaphragm gold-sputtered cardioid condenser microphone in black
- HF6 1" true condenser capsule
- Smooth frequency response, high sensitivity and high SPL handling
- Exceptionally low noise (4dBA)—the world’s quietest studio condenser microphone
- Patent-pending Dual Connect output with both XLR and USB connectivity
- World-first 32-bit float digital output
- Ultra-high-resolution (up to 192kHz) analog-to-digital conversion
- Onboard DSP for advanced APHEX audio processing, including a compressor, noise gate, high-pass filter and Aural Exciter and Big Bottom effects
- Studio-grade shockmount and pop filter, XLR and USB cables included
- Silver with a rugged aluminum body and high-grade finishes
- Designed and made in RØDE’s precision manufacturing facilities in Sydney, Australia
Order the fifth generation black RODE NT1 today.
NT1 5th Generation Black Specifications:Acoustic & Electrical SpecificationsAcoustic Principle
- Pressure gradient
- JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- 100 ohm
- 142dB SPL
- -32dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (25 mV @ 94dB SPL) +/- 2dB @ 1kHz
- Via XLR: P48
- 3-pin XLR
- Via USB: 5V
- 24-bit/32-bit floating point
- APHEX digital signal processing (only available at 48kHz/24-bit)
- Windows 10 Mac OS 10.15
- 308 g
- Length: 52 mm
- Width: 52 mm
- Height: 189 mm
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.