Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Rode NT55 Small Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphonetrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A compact, accurate condenser microphone.
It utilizes the 1/2" (externally biased) gold sputtered true condenser transducer used in the internationally renowned RØDE NT5. The NT55 is a state-of-the-art, low-noise, balanced-output microphone exhibiting a wide dynamic range and full frequency response.
The NT55 circuit incorporates a 3-position variable pad: 0, -10 or 20dB attenuation, and a 3 -position variable high-pass filter that enables you to step from a flat response to a 75 or 150Hz high-pass filter.
The NT55 is intended for film, television, broadcast, live performance, theater, surround, and environmental recording applications.
It comes with 2 different condenser microphone heads to provide a choice of polar patterns (cardioid and omni), a metal case, and clip.
Requires phantom power.
- 1/2" (externally biased) gold sputtered true condenser capsule
- Heavy duty satin-nickel-plated body
- 3-position variable pad: 0 dB,-10 and -20dB
- 3-position variable high-pass filter: flat, 75 and 150 Hz
- Low-noise surface mount technology
- Wide dynamic range
- Full frequency response
- Designed & manufactured in Australia
- Includes cardioid & omni capsules
- Special edition metal case
- RM5 Clip
- Full 10-year guarantee (conditions Apply)
NT55 Small Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphone Specifications:
- Acoustic Principle: Externally polarized 1/2" (13 mm) pressure gradient condenser.
- Directional Patterns: Cardioid, Omni
- Frequency range: 20 Hz 20 000 Hz selectable HPF @ 75 Hz & 150Hz / 12dB / Octave
- Output Impedance: 100 _
- Signal/Noise ratio DIN/IEC 651: 79 dB (1 kHz rel 1 Pa; per IEC651, IEC268-15)
- Equivalent Noise: 15 dB SPL (per IEC651, IEC268 -15)
- Maximum SPL: 136 dB (@ 1% THD into 1 Ohms ), 146 dB (@ 1% THD into 1 k Ohms) - pad ”10, 156 dB (@ 1% THD into 1 k Ohms) - pad -20
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 k Ohms: -38 dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (16 mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB
- Maximum output voltage: 8 dBu (@ 1% THD into 1 k Ohms)
- Dynamic Range - DIN/IEC 651: 121 dB (per IEC651, IEC268-15)
- Power (Supply voltage): 48 Volts (P48), 24 Volts (P24) phantom
- Output Connection: 3 pin XLR, balanced output between pin 2(+), pin 3(-) & pin
- 1 (ground).
- Weight: 110 grm. (4 oz.) Mic only
- Dimensions: 145 mm ( 5 11/16") x 20mm (13/16")
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.