Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Roland VT-4 Voice Transformertrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Roland VT-4 Voice Transformer
Frequently bought together
- Free Shipping
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Radical vocal processor.
The VT-4 is an effect processor for the instrument inside us all—the human voice. Whether you’re a solo electronic artist, DJ, or singer in a band, the VT-4 lets you craft and shape your own unique vocal sounds, from subtle augmentation to radical transformation. Everything is hands on, with no menu diving or programming to get in the way. Jaw-dropping effects like harmonizing, vocoding, pitch shifting, hard tuning, and more are just a push, slide, or turn away. And with its compact size and five-hour battery life, you can use the VT-4 anywhere.
With the VT-4, you have modern and retro vocal effects at your fingertips. All the effects are superb, with everything from delay and reverb to formant and vocoding effects. The VT-4’s performance-oriented interface lets you ride the controls in real time while you sing, so you can alter the sound to suit the track and enhance your performance. With the VT-4 you have instant control over both pitch and format with dedicated faders for each. Change your entire persona from male to female, big to small, or good to evil—the choice is yours.
Achieving complex vocal effects is easy with the VT-4, and you can even use multiple effects at the same time. Use the central Auto-Pitch knob to dial in just the right amount of hard-tuned effect, then press the Megaphone button for some lo-fi raunchiness. Or run the vocoder through a tape delay or vintage chorus. Each effect has a selection of one-touch variations, so you can get different vocoder characteristics, various lo-fi effects, multi-part harmonies, and distinct kinds of reverb and delay. Chain your effects, set the controls just how you like them, and then simply hold down a preset button to save that setup for later. Changing presets and tweaking controls is smooth and immediate, with no jarring artifacts, glitches, or dropouts.
The VT-4 works great on its own and can harmonize and vocode without any input other than your voice. But plugging a MIDI keyboard into the VT-4 opens even more expressive possibilities, letting you control the Auto-Pitch, harmony, and vocoder engines in real time with the notes you play. You can hard-tune your voice to specific notes as you sing, or create instant multi-part harmonies with voicings that follow your chords. The VT-4’s small footprint sits nicely on most keyboards and is easy to integrate into your setup, dishing out huge backing vocals and funky vocoded leads by the bucketload.
Whether it’s a weekly podcast or nightly multiplayer battle, if you’re broadcasting your voice on the internet, you only have so many ways to stand out. The VT-4’s combination of small size, simple controls, and USB-audio capabilities make it uniquely suited to altering your voice for YouTube broadcasts, game streaming, podcasting, and more. Take on the persona of different characters in diverse locations, or sound larger than life when taunting your foes. Add humor, danger, wit, and variety to your streaming broadcasts.
- Wide range of effects, from subtle to dramatic
- Battery operable
- Exacting sound quality
- Real time control
Process your voice for subtle effects or radical transformation. Order today.
VT-4 Voice Transformer Specifications:
- Nominal Input Level: MIC IN: -40 to -12 dBu (variable)
- Input Impedance: MIC IN (Rear): 4.4 k ohms
- MIC IN (Front): 2.2 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level: LINE OUT: -10 dBu
- Output Impedance: LINE OUT: 1 k ohm
- PHONES: 24 ohms
- Memory: Scene memory: 8
- Effect Type: ROBOT
-  NORMAL
-  OCTAVE-1
-  OCTAVE+1
-  FEEDBACK
-  MEGAPHONE
-  RADIO
-  BBD CHORUS
-  STROBO
-  ADVANCED
-  VP
-  TALK BOX
-  SPELL TOY
-  +5
-  +3
-  +3, -4
-  +3, +5
-  REVERB
-  ECHO
-  TEMPO DELAY
-  DUB ECHO
- Connectors: MIC IN jack (rear): Combo type (XLR, 1/4-inch TRS phone), balanced (phantom power: +48 V, 10 mA Max.), MIC IN jack (front): Stereo miniature phone type (plug-in power), PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type, LINE OUT jacks (L/MONO, R/BYPASS): 1/4-inch phone type, USB port: USB type B, MIDI IN jack
- USB: Audio
- Signal Processing: PC interface: 24 bits
- AD/DA conversion: 24 bits
- Sampling Frequency: AD/DA conversion: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 96 kHz, 192 kHz
- Power Supply: Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 4, Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
- Obtained via USB port (USB bus power)
- Current Draw: 500 mA
- Expected battery life: Alkaline battery (phantom power: Off): Approx. 6 hours
- Alkaline battery (phantom power: On): Approx. 4 hours
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (phantom power: Off): Approx. 7 hours
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (phantom power: On): Approx. 5.5 hours
- .Dimensions: 174 (W) x 133 (D) x 58 (H) mm
- 6-7/8 (W) x 5-1/4 (D) x 2-5/16 (H) inches
- Weight (including batteries): 554 g, 1 lb. 4 oz.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.