Why Shop With Us?
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
We're Here for You
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Rupert Neve Designs Dual Diode Bridge Compressortrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Rupert Neve Designs Dual Diode Bridge Compressor$3,599.00
- Free Shipping
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Built to produce a wide range of colors
Fifty years after Mr. Rupert Neve created his first compressor designs, the Dual Diode BridgeCompressor reimagines the larger-than-life personality of these classic circuits with new levels ofprecision and control, enhanced creative power, and increased punch to your tracks, mixes, and masters.
The Diode Bridge
Where the VCA compressor found in the Portico II Channel and Master Buss Processor providesunmatched clarity, the weighty, harmonically rich tonality of diode bridge compression can be essential inpushing key sources like vocals, electric guitars, bass and drums to the forefront of a mix.
By understanding the limitations of the vintage units’ topologies, painstaking effort was taken to reproducethe unique tone of these classics while improving the noise floor, expanding inflexible time constants,adding full wave sidechain detection for improved dynamic response, and widening the range of thresholdand ratio controls. Delivering the powerful sound of these iconic designs with enhanced flexibility for themodern age, the Dual Diode Bridge Compressor is a dynamic tool equipped to make a bold statement onvirtually any mix or track.
Timing is Everything
The unified TIMING control consists of six selectable settings, carefully chosen for different applications –a major departure from the slow, fixed attack of the vintage units.
FAST and MF settings are designed tohelp clamp down on more transient signals like drums, plucked string instruments and fast vocals. MEDand MS have slightly slower attacks and releases which allow more transients through, while having aslightly longer recovery. Lastly, SLOW and AUTO are both significantly slower and feature complexnonlinear release times, with smoother, less audible level control.
FAST mode increases the speed of both the attack and release for each setting, also effectively doublingthe number of time constants from 6 to 12. The FAST mode also allows for a dramatic increase in speedas compared to the Dual Diode Bridge Compressor’s renowned ancestors, providing significantly moretonal & operational versatility.
Faster TIMING settings will generally lead to higher peak-to-peak control voltage ripple, and thereforeinduce more harmonic content, translating into more color in the main audio path. Slower TIMING settingswill smooth the control voltage significantly, and thereby reduce the harmonic content added to the audiopath, resulting in more transparent compression. It is also worth noting that due to the nature of thistopology, these time constants inherently adapt themselves slightly depending on several factors:compression ratio, threshold, and source material. This dynamically generated timing shift and harmoniccontent is what gives the Dual Diode Bridge Compressor its unique personality.
The Right Blend
Given the naturally colored sonic signature of the 5254’s diode bridge, this built-in parallel compressionability is especially useful. The BLEND control allows the user to inject smaller amounts of extremecompression into an otherwise unaffected signal, creating an enhanced yet natural sound that maintainsdynamic range with blendable color and punch.
In addition to the TIMING control, the diode bridge compressor can be further manipulated by the RATIO,THRESHOLD, GAIN, S/C HPF, S/C INSERT and LINK controls. The RATIO control has six selectablepositions on the rotary switch and allows the user to set the slope of the compressor curve with ratios of1.5:1 through 8:1. The THRESHOLD control allows the user to adjust the point at which compressionbegins, ranging from -25dBu to +20dBu.
The GAIN control adds make-up gain ranging from -6dB to+20dB. The S/C HPF is 12dB/octave with continuously variable frequency control from 20Hz to 250Hz.This feature can be immensely useful for making the compressor respond less to the powerful – and oftenmore sustaining – low frequencies in a mix or instrument, which might otherwise give the compressor amore “mushy” response.
The SC INSERT is comprised of an always-active send and return for thecompressor side chain, which can be used to insert a more fine-tunable EQ to further sculpt thecompressor response, or as a way to insert a key signal into the return, controlling the compression via aseparate source to “duck” the signal when the key source is above the threshold. LINK connects thecontrol voltage between the two channels – so when one channel is triggered, it will trigger the otherchannel equally. This can often help maintain a solid center image in a stereo source. Note: for stereosources, it is always worth auditioning the “unlinked” sound as well, as linking can sometimes clamp downon the effective stereo width when the compressors are triggered by one side.
- Classic Diode Bridge Tone Capture the punchy, larger-than-life tone used on countless hit records for the last 50 years.
- Advanced timing controls
- Custom-shape your compression envelope with the unified timing control, which enables a much wider range of responses than vintage units or clones.
- Custom Transformers and Class-A Line Amplifiers
- Vintage warmth meets the improved headroom and precision of Rupert Neve’s updated transformer-coupled line stages.
- 31-Position Detented Controls
- Accurately recall and match your settings with precision and speed.
- Built-In Parallel Compression
- Internal blend control enables you to subtly dial in more dramatic compression settings for color as desired.
- Full-Wave Sidechain Detection
- Enhanced from the vintage units’ half-wave design, the updated sidechain detector provides substantially more accuracy.
- Stereo Linking
- Run your compressors in either dual mono or stereo configurations.
- Internal Universal Power SupplyEIC connection for world-wide AC power from 90-240V embedded in the 1U rack-mountable chassis.
Bring punch to instruments and drums. Order today.
Dual Diode Bridge Compressor Specifications:
- XLR Line Input to XLR Line Output (Compressor Bypassed) ZSOURCE= 40 Ω Balanced
- Input Impedance: 10 kΩ
- Output Impedance: 40 Ω
- Maximum Input Level (+4dBu Selected): +26.7 dBu typical
- Maximum Output Level: +26.7 dBu typical
- Noise: (22 Hz - 22 kHz BW): -104 dBu typical
- Frequency Response: (10 Hz to 120 kHz): +/- 0.25 dB typical
- THD+N @1 kHz @ Maximum Level (22 Hz - 22 kHz BW): 0.0008% typical
- Compressor Noise Specifications
- Noise @ 0dB Make-Up Gain (22 Hz - 22 kHz BW): -84.5 dBu typical
- Noise @ +20dB Make-Up Gain (22 Hz - 22 kHz BW): -64.5 dBu typical
- Compressor Timing Specifications
- Note: TIMING measurements represent the full range achievable between 1.5:1 and 8:1 ratio and FAST mode.
- FAST Attack 250μS - 2 mS // Release 100mS - 200mS typical
- MF (MEDIUM FAST ) Attack 1mS - 5mS // Release 100mS - 200mS typical
- MED (MEDIUM). Attack 3mS - 18mS // Release 350mS - 700mS typical
- MS (MEDIUM SLOW)Attack 5mS - 40mS // Release 600mS - 1S typical
- SLOW Attack 10mS - 80 mS // Release 800mS - 1.5S typical
- AUTO Attack 5mS - 40mS // Release T1 400-900mS, T2 1-2S typical
- WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS
- Product Dimensions: (W x D x H): 19” (48.3 cm) x 8.25” (20.9 cm) x 1.65” (4.2 cm)
- Shipping Dimensions: (L x W x H): 24” (61 cm) x 13” (33 cm) x 4” (10.2 cm)
- Shipping Weight: 10 lbs. (4.5 kg)UPC : 7638
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.