- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
sE Electronics RN17 Small Diaphragm Condenser Microphone Pair
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L54452 000001000 L54452000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
With a 15mm diaphragm (the world's smallest production gold-sputtered diaphragm), the transient response of the RN17 is unparalleled. Such a small ca...Click To Read More About This Product
Pair pf pencil microphones with large-scale, hand-wound, high-performance transformer.
With a 15mm diaphragm (the world's smallest production gold-sputtered diaphragm), the transient response of the RN17 is unparalleled. Such a small capsule reacts extremely quickly, and is therefore adept at picking up the most delicate of high-frequency content. However, a tiny diaphragm usually results in a lack of low-frequency response. How to counter this?
Made obvious by the unusual chassis shape, the RN17's transformer is substantially larger than the norm. This full-scale transformer was custom-designed by Rupert Neve specifically for this microphone.
With an audio transformer of this magnitude, the RN17 is able to put out astonishing clarity across all frequencies—not just the highs. The midrange is detailed and forward, the lows are full and accurate, and the whole microphone has a balance and headroom never before achieved with a small-capsule microphone.
When purchased as a pair, the transformers and cardioid capsules are factory-matched for perfect tolerance, guaranteeing the best possible stereo image. This configuration also includes a precision stereo mounting bar, two shock mounts, a wooden presentation case, and empty canisters for future capsule additions. The whole setup comes packaged inside a secure flight case.
Every RN17 includes a custom-designed, sturdy, protective, and easy-to-use shock mount, which is essential to reducing the unwanted effects of vibration or knocks to the supporting microphone stand.
- Perfect for acoustic guitar, piano, strings, percussion, and as a room mic
- Low-profile and matte black for disappearing on stage or in studio
- Fast transients but with pronounced low end
- Sparkling detail captures, even at high SPLs
- Custom shock mount included
Low profile condensers in matte black, outrageous performance. OIncudes stereo bar.
- Analog or digital: Analog
- Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Max SPL: 131 dB
- Connector: XLR
- Capsule: Condenser
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Type: Ribbon
- Phantom power required: Yes
- Diameter: 44 mm / 17 mm
- Length: 200 mm
- Weight: 320 g
- Case: Yes
- Clip: Yes
- Shockmount: Yes
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.