Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
sE Electronics RNT Tube Microphonetrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Premium multi-pattern tube condenser microphone designed in collaboration with Rupert Neve
The RNT utilizes fully discrete, Class-A electronics throughout both of its active stages. The first stage is tube-based, with a hand-selected, low-noise ECC82 tube within the microphone chassis, and implementing a custom-built Rupert Neve Designs output transformer. The second stage is within the floor box – which also controls polar pattern, filter and gain switching – and is built around the same custom op-amps used in Rupert Neve Designs’ flagship 5088 recording console, known worldwide for its unrivaled transparency and headroom. This second stage is also coupled with a second custom-made Rupert Neve Designs output transformer.
The custom handcrafted large-diaphragm true condenser capsule is sE’s finest capsule yet, born from years of rigorous testing and listening, and developed and constructed by hand in sE’s own factory. The Class-A electronics and switchable gain ensure a massive dynamic range, with high sound pressure level (SPL) handling capability and extremely low-noise components, and the switchable low-cut filters eliminate rumble or footfall noise, and can also compensate for an excess of bass frequencies caused by the proximity effect. This enables the RNT to close-mic many instruments including electric guitar speaker cabinets, brass instruments and drums. Lastly, the 9-position polar pattern switch allows for omnidirectional, cardioid, and figure-eight pickup patterns - and several positions in between each – for precise tailoring of the balance between direct and ambient sound when recording with the RNT. Reliable operation is ensured by the sturdy all-metal design, robust construction, and high-quality manufacturing standards. A high-quality metal case is also included.
- Hand-crafted, gold-sputtered 1-inch true condenser capsule
- Nine selectable polar patterns
- Hand-selected ECC82 tube and custom Rupert Neve Designs audio transformer
- Custom-made, discrete Class-A Rupert Neve Designs amplification
- In the floor box: a second custom-built Rupert Neve Designs audio transformer
- Hand-crafted metal housing with premium finish
- Active gain stage with three switchable levels
- Two switchable active low-cut filters
Bring the larger-than-life sounds of classic tube mics into the modern age—order soon.
RNT Tube Microphone Specifications:Audio
- Analog or digital: Analog
- Capsule: Large Diaphragm Condenser
- Polar pattern: Switchable
- Type: Not specified
- Switches: Polar Pattern, HPF, Gain
- Phantom power required: No
- Diameter: 2.44 in.
- Length: 9.45 in.
- Weight: 34.90 oz.
- Case: Yes
- Clip: No
- Shockmount: Yes
- Power supply: Yes
- Cable: Yes
- Stand: No
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.