- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
sE Electronics RNT Tube Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- K77071 000000000 K77071000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The RNT is the third microphone in the collaboration between sE Electronics and Rupert Neve Designs, founded by the legendary audio designer Mr. Rupe...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Premium multi-pattern tube condenser microphone designed in collaboration with Rupert Neve
The RNT is the third microphone in the collaboration between sE Electronics and Rupert Neve Designs, founded by the legendary audio designer Mr. Rupert Neve. Much like the RNR1 Active Ribbon and RN17 Small-Diaphragm Condenser, the RNT is something truly special, developed over several years of careful listening and measurement by Mr. Rupert Neve, Mr. Siwei Zou, and the engineering teams from both Rupert Neve Designs and sE Electronics. All in all, the RNT brings the larger-than-life sounds of classic tube mics into the modern age with greater depth and clarity than ever before.
The RNT utilizes fully discrete, Class-A electronics throughout both of its active stages. The first stage is tube-based, with a hand-selected, low-noise ECC82 tube within the microphone chassis, and implementing a custom-built Rupert Neve Designs output transformer. The second stage is within the floor box – which also controls polar pattern, filter and gain switching – and is built around the same custom op-amps used in Rupert Neve Designs’ flagship 5088 recording console, known worldwide for its unrivaled transparency and headroom. This second stage is also coupled with a second custom-made Rupert Neve Designs output transformer.
The custom handcrafted large-diaphragm true condenser capsule is sE’s finest capsule yet, born from years of rigorous testing and listening, and developed and constructed by hand in sE’s own factory. The Class-A electronics and switchable gain ensure a massive dynamic range, with high sound pressure level (SPL) handling capability and extremely low-noise components, and the switchable low-cut filters eliminate rumble or footfall noise, and can also compensate for an excess of bass frequencies caused by the proximity effect. This enables the RNT to close-mic many instruments including electric guitar speaker cabinets, brass instruments and drums. Lastly, the 9-position polar pattern switch allows for omnidirectional, cardioid, and figure-eight pickup patterns - and several positions in between each – for precise tailoring of the balance between direct and ambient sound when recording with the RNT. Reliable operation is ensured by the sturdy all-metal design, robust construction, and high-quality manufacturing standards. A high-quality metal case is also included.
- Hand-crafted, gold-sputtered 1-inch true condenser capsule
- Nine selectable polar patterns
- Hand-selected ECC82 tube and custom Rupert Neve Designs audio transformer
- Custom-made, discrete Class-A Rupert Neve Designs amplification
- In the floor box: a second custom-built Rupert Neve Designs audio transformer
- Hand-crafted metal housing with premium finish
- Active gain stage with three switchable levels
- Two switchable active low-cut filters
Bring the larger-than-life sounds of classic tube mics into the modern age—order soon.
- Analog or digital: Analog
- Capsule: Large Diaphragm Condenser
- Polar pattern: Switchable
- Type: Not specified
- Switches: Polar Pattern, HPF, Gain
- Phantom power required: No
- Diameter: 2.44 in.
- Length: 9.45 in.
- Weight: 34.90 oz.
- Case: Yes
- Clip: No
- Shockmount: Yes
- Power supply: Yes
- Cable: Yes
- Stand: No
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.