- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Shaker Madcat Harmonica Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J04116 000001000 J04116000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Shaker Madcat harmonica microphone is the ultimate combination of form and function, an intelligently designed, ergonomically shaped harp player’...Click To Read More About This Product
A harmonica microphone that allows you to employ all of your acoustic harmonica technique.
The Shaker Madcat harmonica microphone is the ultimate combination of form and function, an intelligently designed, ergonomically shaped harp player’s tool. Comprised of three parts: a center connecting web that fits between the fingers and connects the two pods, the bottom pod houses the dynamic element and the upper pod is an acoustically tuned chamber and tone control, utilizing Shaker’s GNS technology.
In your hands, the Madcat mic becomes part of a complex system where the harmonica, the microphone and the hands create a new type of instrument, allowing harp players an unbelievable level of control over their sound, their tone, effects, dynamics and techniques. Imagine playing amplified harmonica without having to hold a microphone, retaining all the nuance and hand gestures of acoustic harmonica, but now you're amplified and dangerous. The possibilities are mind blowing. Just listen to the great Peter “Madcat” Ruth to hear what this mic will allow you to do. The Madcat Microphone works great with guitar effects pedals and is extremely feedback resistant. This Shaker microphone opens up a new world of sonic possibilities to the harp player.
If you use a Shaker mic with an impedance-matching transformer into the input of your amp your Shaker mic becomes super charged, driving your amp into aural overdrive. All Shaker harmonica microphones are really two very different units in one. Direct to amp has the traditional Shaker tone and response. Used with a line-matching transformer and you get high output - hot and driven. Maximum flexibility, it’s your choice.
Inspired and co-designed by world-famous harmonica great Peter “Madcat” Ruth.
- Extremely easy to hold
- Highly feedback resistant
- Technique sensitive
- Wide frequency range, full fidelity reproduction
- Handmade in Arkansas (USA)
- Microphone body and grill made of a special high-strength thermo resin compound (Shaker Sono Resin)
- 42-in. cord with belt clip adapter
- Wireless system compatible
- GNS technology (Good Noise Sampling)
- Great with all genres of music (blues to bluegrass to Bach, heavy metal to rock)
Inspired and co-designed by world-famous harmonica great Peter “Madcat” Ruth. Order today.
- Weight: 3.5 oz.
- Cord: 49 in.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.