- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Shaker Retro Rocket Dynamic Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J23018 000000000 J23018000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This is Shaker’s blues/rock microphone. Designed and built for the more aggressive harp player. The Shaker Retro Rocket, with its hand-cast, solid pe...Click To Read More About This Product
The blues/rock harp player's microphone.
This is Shaker’s blues/rock microphone. Designed and built for the more aggressive harp player. The Shaker Retro Rocket, with its hand-cast, solid pewter grille and black crinkle finish, looks like it fell out of the 1940s, classic and cool.
The Shaker Retro Rocket’s heart is a large-diameter dynamic element with a frequency response range of 40 - 6,000 Hz, producing a big, fat tone with a hint of compression.
The Retro Rocket mic is approximately 40% smaller than traditional bullet mics (more easily cupped for players with smaller hands). The output connection is an external Neutrik XLR unit wired PIN-2-HOT (works great in microphone clips).
If you use the Shaker Retro Rocket mic with an impedance-matching transformer in the input of your amp, your Retro Rocket becomes a super-charged tone monster, driving your amp into aural overdrive. All Shaker harmonica microphones are really two very different units in one. Direct to amp has the traditional Shaker tone and response. Used with a line-matching transformer, you get high output - hot and driven. Maximum flexibility, it’s your choice.
The Shaker Retro Rocket has an old-timey Switchcraft single contact mushroom connector. This is the connector traditionally used on most vintage bullet type mics. This output is most often coupled with the Switchcraft 332A adapter. With such an adapter, the mic can be amplified by any 1/4" cable.
NOTE: This mic does not come with a Switchcraft adapter. It will need to be purchased separately.
- Extremely easy to hold and cup
- 40% smaller than traditional bullet mics
- Highly feedback resistant
- Solid pewter grille with black crinkle finish
- Smooth rotation volume control
- Frequency response range of 40 – 6,000 Hz
- Handmade in Arkansas (USA)
Heavy blues and rock harmonica microphone. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.