Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Shure Beta 181/C Instrument Mictrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Shure Beta 181/C Instrument Mic$499.00
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A versatile ultra-compact Instrument mic fitted with a cardioid capsule.
The Shure Beta 181 a multipurpose instrument microphone and can be used on a wide variety of applications including guitars, bass and drums (overheads and snares). It has a small diaphragm design that provides superior audio with textbook polar responses in a form factor compact enough to get close to the source in the tightest conditions. The Beta 181 has a precision-engineered, side-address design that features an innovative locking ring to provide secure connection between capsule and preamplifier with integrated XLR connections.
There are four different capsules available for the Beta 181 microphone: Cardioid (RPM181/C), Supercardioid (RPM181/S), Bi-directional (RPM181/BI), Omni-directional (RPM181/C). This makes the Beta 181 an extremely versatile and cost-effective mic that allows the user to interchange capsules according to the application. (Additional capsules sold separately). Comes with mic clip, zippered carrying case, and windscreen.
This microphone requires phantom power and performs best with a 48 Vdc supply (IEC-61938). However, it will operate with slightly decreased headroom and sensitivity with supplies as low as 11 Vdc.
- Premier live performance microphone with Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability
- Small diaphragm design provides superior audio with textbook polar responses
- The RPM181/C is ideal for drum overhead, piano, acoustic instrument applications, M/S stereo recording (paired with the Beta 181/BI)
- Side-address form allows for discreet positioning in tight performance and recording settings
- Frequency response tailored for wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
- Compact preamp attaches to four interchangeable capsules for custom flexibility (capsules sold separately)
- Innnovative locking ring provides a secure connection between capsule and preamp
- Hardened steel mesh grille resists denting, wear, and abuse
- Compact design, under 12 cm (5 in.), reduces stage clutter
- Furnished with stand adapter and carrying case
Beta 181/C Instrument Mic Specifications:
- Cartridge Type: Electret Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Output Impedance: 110 Î
- Sensitivity (open circuit voltage, @ 1 kHz, typical: -46.5 dBV/Pa (2.4 mV)
- Maximum SPL (1 kHz at 1% THD)
- 2500 Î load: 151.5 dB SPL
- 1000 Î load: 149.0 dB SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 73.5 dB
- Dynamic Range:
- 2500 Î load: 131.0 dB
- 1000 Î load: 128.5 dB dB
- Clipping Level @ 1 kHz, 1% THD:
- 2500 Î load: 10.5 dBV
- 1000 Î load: 7.5 dBV
- Self Noise (equivalent SPL,A-weighted, typical): 20.5 dB SPL-A
- Common Mode Rejection (20 to 20,000 kHz): ±55 dB
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Power Requirements 11-52 V DC phantom power (IEC-61938): 2.4 mA, maximum
- Net Weight 145 g (5.1 oz.)
- Mic dimensions (Length x Diameter):
- 4.40 in. x .80 in., (124.46 x 20.32mm)
- Capsule width: 1.36" (34.54mm)
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.