- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Shure SM137 Condenser Instrument Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 580998 000000000 580998000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The SM137 is a versatile, flat-response cardioid condenser probe microphone with an ultra-thin diaphragm for a frequency response that combines a smo...Click To Read More About This Product
A versatile, flat-response mic for acoustic and high volume performance applications.
The SM137 is a versatile, flat-response cardioid condenser probe microphone with an ultra-thin diaphragm for a frequency response that combines a smooth high-end with a tight, controlled low-end and a 15db pad for natural sound reproduction in both acoustic and high-volume performance applications.
- Ultra-thin diaphragm for smooth high end and tight, controlled low end
- 15dB pad for performance consistency across a wider range of high SPL sources
- Low self-noise and transformerless preamplifier circuitry
Get an instrument mic for all occasions. Order today!
- Cartridge Type: Permanently Biased Condenser
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000Hz
- Directional Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Output Impedance: 150? (actual)
- Attenuation Switch (0dB or 15dB attenuation) Phantom Power: 48 VDC ± 4 VDC, (IEC-268-15/DIN 45 596), positive pins 2 and 3
- Current Drain: 5.2 mA typical at 48 VDC
- Common Mode Rejection: >50dB, 20Hz to 20kHz
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on output pin 2 relative to pin 3
- Dimensions: 24mm (0.950") diameter, 162mm (6.375") long
- Weight: 195g (6.9oz..)
- Sensitivity (typical, at 1000Hz; 1 Pa = 94dB SPL): -41dBV/Pa
- Self-noise (typical, equivalent SPL; A-weighted (IEC 651)): 19dB
- Maximum SPL@ 1000Hz:
- 5000? load (Attenuator on): 150 (165dB)
- 2500? load (Attenuator on): 144 (159)dB
- 1000? load (Attenuator on): 139 (154dB)
- Output Clipping Level*:
- 5000? load: 15dBV
- 2500? load: 9dBV>
- 1000? load: 3dBV
- *20Hz to 20kHz; THD < 1%. THD of the microphone preamplifier when applied input signal is equivalent to the cartridge output at specified SPL.
Dynamic Range (Attenuator On):
- 5000? load: 133 (136)dB
- 2500? load: 128 (130dB)
- 1000? load: 122 (125)dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio**
- **S/N ratio is difference between 94dB SPL and equivalent SPL of self-noise A-weighted
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.