Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
We're Here for You
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Shure SM58 Dynamic Handheld Vocal Microphonetrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Shure SM58 Dynamic Handheld Vocal Microphone$89.00
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
One of the world's most popular vocal mics.
The Shure SM58 is tuned to accentuate the warmth and clarity of vocal sounds. Even in extreme conditions, the SM58's cardioid pattern is tailored to target the main sound source while minimizing background noise. It is also very popular with DJs and presenters in clubs and in small and large live venues. Durable construction, a simple, proven shockmount system, and a steel mesh grille ensure that even with rough handling, the Shure SM58 dynamic vocal mic will perform consistently, outdoors or indoors.
When live sound engineers need dependable, predictable microphones, the SM58 is a top choice. Particularly for engineers that work with several bands, often for the first time, the Shure SM58 dynamic microphone offers a time-tested solution that suits a wide range of vocal ranges and styles. Plus, its cardioid pattern works well on noisy stages. The SM58's cardioid pattern focuses on the main source while ignoring unwanted, off-axis sounds. It's also terrific at reducing handling noise, so the SM58 is perfect for active performers.
Recording studio engineers love the Shure SM58 for its predictable response in the studio. For many vocal styles, the SM58 dynamic mic is both the easiest and best sounding solution. While studio mics have certainly become more advanced, nothing has replaced the Shure SM58's simplicity and dependability. Studio condenser microphones have a much wider frequency range. They capture higher fidelity audio and more detail, but that's not always what's best for the mix. The Shure SM58 has a tighter frequency range than most studio condenser microphones, and plenty of detail and clarity.
A balanced mix gives each instrument its own place in the frequency spectrum. In a busy mix, low frequencies from an acoustic guitar might be competing with the bass guitar or kick drum. You'll also find competition in higher frequencies. Vocals with high frequencies are said to have air and presence, but too much will ruin a song. The SM58 sits strong and naturally in a busy mix. It usually doesn't need a ton of EQ adjustment, which means a lot less mixing work. Billy Idol's studio engineer, Mike Frondelli, as well as Rolling Stones and Rod Stewart record producer, Andy Johns, are known to have chosen the Shure SM58 dynamic mic over more expensive condenser mics in the studio.
When you need the all-around best vocal microphone, the Shure SM58 is tough to beat. Whether for live sound or the recording studio, a mic locker without the SM58, or a handful of them, is incomplete.
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass rolloff
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and minimizes background noise
- Pneumatic shockmount system cuts down handling noise
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness and reliability
SM58 Dynamic Handheld Vocal Microphone Specifications:Audio
- Analog or digital: Analog
- Frequency response: 50Hz–15kHz
- Max SPL: 126 dB
- Connectivity: XLR
- Capsule: Dynamic
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Type: Handheld
- Switches: No
- Phantom power required: No
- Diameter: 1.1 in.
- Length: 7.4 in.
- Weight: 298 g
- Case: Yes
- Clip: Yes
- Shockmount: No
- Power supply: N/A
- Cable: No
- Stand: No
Also Available In These Cost-Saving Bundles
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.