- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Sony C-100 Hi-Res Studio Vocal Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L18313 000000000 L18313000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
In 1992, Sony released the C800G valve capacitor microphone which is still one of the most coveted and expensive microphones on the market. With its ...Click To Read More About This Product
A large-diaphragm condenser microphone with three switchable polar patterns and a dual-element design to capture hi-res audio from 20Hz-50kHz
In 1992, Sony released the C800G valve capacitor microphone which is still one of the most coveted and expensive microphones on the market. With its bright, detailed sound and unique appearance, the C800G has been a staple in high-end studios capturing vocals that demand intimacy and detail across all genres. Continuing in the tradition of the C800 is Sony's C-100 mic.
Featuring a dual-element capacitor, highpass filter and three switchable polar patterns, the C-100 is capable of recording high-resolution audio from 20Hz-50kHz. Its dual-element design combines one condenser and one electret condenser capsule for the utmost detail across the mic's broad frequency range.This range makes the C-100 is a versatile mic that doesn't discriminate when recording either a male or female vocalist. In each case, you can expect smooth, airy vocals that will sit perfectly in your mix.
The C-100's three polar patterns allow you to switch between cardioid, omnidirectional and figure-8. This offers you the flexibility to record different sound sources with different miking techniques to get the best recordings possible. A highpass filter switch cuts unwanted low frequencies and a 10dB pad switch adds more headroom to avoid any distortion from transient peaks.
- Ideal for vocals
- Dual-element design to capture wide frequency range (20Hz-50kHz)
- Three switchable polar patterns—cardioid, omnidirectional and figure-8
- Highpass filter
- 10dB pad for more headroom
Call or click to order today
- Analog or digital: Analog
- Frequency response: 20Hz-50kHz
- Max SPL: 136dB
- Connector: XLR
- Capsule: Dual (condenser & electret condenser)
- Polar pattern: 3
- Type: Studio
- Switches: Polar, Low-cut and Pad Switch
- Phantom power required: Not Specified
- Diameter: 1.57 in
- Length: 6.89 in.
- Weight: 20.2 oz
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.