Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Linear PCM recorder with studio-quality sound and versatile stereo recording.
Built-in Electret Condenser Microphones
The PCM-D50's electret condenser microphones have exceptionally high sound quality and offer a selection of 2 operating positions, X-Y and Wide Stereo. X-Y covers a wide sound range with good depth, perspective and a natural sounding stereo image; or alternatively, a wide stereo position offering a wider spread stereo image.
Superior Audio Signal Path
The PCM-D50 is designed with four separate circuit boards to separate analog audio, digital audio, digital recording, and power supply circuits. Separate circuit boards for each function helps minimize noise.
Simple Uploading to Computer
The PCM-D50 conforms to the USB 2.0 Mass Storage Class Device standard and this recorder's native recording file format is .WAV. This means recordings can be rapidly uploaded to a computer and used in conjunction with most common audio production software.
Versatile Recording Functions
The PCM-D50 offers comprehensive signal processing features for location recording including a unique dual digital limiter function (inherited from the PCM-D1 recorder), a high pass filter with selectable frequencies (150 Hz or 75 Hz) and SBM (Super Bit Mapping) noise shaping. In addition, the PCM-D50 includes a 5 second pre-record buffer with an A-B repeat playback function.
- Portable and rugged 96kHz and 24-bit recorder
- LCD digital peak bargraph metering--along with dedicated nominal and peak level LEDs
- Offers solid-state storage, free of drive mechanisms
- Built-in high-quality electret condenser stereo microphones
- Dual A/D digital limiter and low cut filter
- MP3 playback and digital pitch control
- Includes Sound Forge audio studio LE software CDROM
PCM-D50 Portable Linear PCM Digital Recorder Specifications:Built-in Microphones
- Electret Condenser microphones. High sensitivity -35.0dB/Pa 1kHz (typical); Maximum input level 120dB SPL; Self-noise level 20.0dB SPL (A)
- Built-in flash memory 4GB, Memory Stick Pro-HG Duo (Not Supplied), Stereo Recording. The PCM-D50 is compatible with Memory Stick Pro-HG Duo MS-EX4G (4GB), MS-EX2G (2GB), and MS-EX1G (1GB); and Memory Stick Pro Duo (High Speed) MSX-M2GNU (2GB) and MSXM1GNU (1GB)
- 22.05kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz and 96kHz
- 16-bit linear, 24-bit linear
- Linear PCM Stereo .WAV
- Compatible bit rates and sampling frequencies:
- MPEG Version 1 Layer 3: 32, 44.1, 48kHz with 32 to 320 kbps (VBR)
- MPEG Version 2 Layer 3: 16, 22.05, 24 kHz with 32 to 160 kbps (VBR)
- 22 kHz 16-bit Recording Mode: 12 hours and 55 minutes
- 44.1 kHz 16-bit Recording Mode: 6 hours and 25 minutes
- 44.1 kHz 24-bit Recording Mode: 4 hours and 15 minutes
- 48 kHz 16-bit Recording Mode: 5 hours and 55 minutes
- 48 kHz 24-bit Recording Mode: 3 hours and 55 minutes
- 96 kHz 16-bit Recording Mode: 2 hours and 55 minutes
- 96 kHz 24-bit Recording Mode: 1 hour and 55 minutes
- For Fs = 22.05 kHz: Frequency Response = 20 Hz to 10 kHz
- For Fs = 44.1 kHz: Frequency Response = 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- For Fs = 48 kHz: Frequency Response = 20 Hz to 22 kHz
- For Fs = 96 kHz: Frequency Response = 20 to 40 kHz
- 93 dB or greater (1 kHz IHF-A) when set to 24-bit
- 0.01% or below (1 kHz, 22 kHz LPF)
- Below measureable limit (less than +/-0.001% W. Peak)
- Input impedance: 22k, rated input level: 2.5mV, minimum input level: 0.7mV. Supports external mic plug-in power
- Rated output level: 400 mV, maximum output level: 25 mW +25 mW or more, load impedance: 16 ohms
- Analog input - Input impedance: 40k ohms, rated input level: 2.0V
- Minimum input level: 450 mV
- Optical Digital Input - Input level: -24.5 dBm to -14.5 dBm, Absorption wavelength: 630 nm to 690 nm
- Analog output - Output impedance: 220 ohms, rated output level: 1.7V, load impedance: 22k ohms
- Digital optical output - Output level -21 dBm to -15 dBm, Emission wavelength: 630 nm to 690 nm
- Hi-speed USB, mass storage class
- DC IN 6V, Four AA (LR6) alkaline batteries (supplied), Four nickel metal hydride rechargeable batteries NH-AA (not supplied)
- 2-7/8" x 6-1/8" x 1-5/16" (w x h x d) not including projecting parts and controls
- Includes: Sound Forge audio studio LE software CDROM, AC power adapter (6V) model AC-ES608K, USB cable, 4 x Alkaline batteries (AA size), Operating Instructions
- 12.88 oz (including batteries)
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.