- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Sterling Audio MX5 5" Powered Studio Monitor
- Write a Review
- J29322 000000000 J29322000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Sterling MX5 bi-amped studio monitor represents the latest evolution in Sterling Audio design, combining top sound quality with next-generation m...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
5" bi-amped studio monitors With dual-axis WaveGuidanceVH™ technology.
The Sterling MX5 bi-amped studio monitor represents the latest evolution in Sterling Audio design, combining top sound quality with next-generation materials that deliver top-class audio quality and features. With dual-axis WaveGuidanceVH technology each bi-amped monitor is built for optimal wider-and-higher frequency dispersion, giving you clear, articulate sound even when listening off-axis.
The MX5’s proprietary multi-fiber 5 in. low-frequency driver cone delivers superior damping to minimize sonic artifacts and unnatural resonance and its 4-layer voice coil provides greater motor force for outstanding low-frequency performance. The MX5’s rear-port design reduces low-frequency turbulence and distortion, greater improving the overall low-end delivery. Its 1 in. silk dome tweeter powered by neodymium magnets also give the MX5 monitors a smooth and natural frequency response.
Powered by 70 Watts of high-efficiency, low-distortion Class A/B amplification, MX Series monitors deliver best-in-class efficiency and ultra-low distortion and the monitors also include High and Low filters to custom tune monitors to your listening preference and environment. With an elegantly polished ebony finish and blue, backlit Sterling logo, these MX monitors look as good as they sound in any studio environment.
- Size: Near-field
- System type: Active
- Configuration: 2-way
- Low-frequency driver: 5 in.
- Mid-frequency driver: Not applicable
- High-frequency driver: 1 in.
- Full-range driver: Not applicable
- Driver type: Proprietary cone
- Frequency response: Info not available
- Max peak SPL: Info not available
- Amplifier class: Class A/B
- Output power: 70 W
- Input connectors: XLR, TRS, RCA
- Standby mode: Yes
- Acoustic space control: Yes
- Power indicator: Yes
- Width: Info not available
- Height: Info not available
- Depth: Info not available
- Weight: Info not available
- Enclosure type: Ported
Get Sterling pro quality now in studio monitors, order the MX5 today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.