- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Sterling Audio ST55 Large Diaphragm FET Condenser Mic
- Product 271356
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Sterling Audio ST55 is an FET condenser microphone that employs a large capsule with an ultra-thin 3-micron evaporated gold Mylar diaphragm. The ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A more affordable way to record high-quality audio.
The Sterling Audio ST55 is an FET condenser microphone that employs a large capsule with an ultra-thin 3-micron evaporated gold Mylar diaphragm. The ST55 mic is built with an exclusive process that extends high frequencies and improves details and depth on both vocal and instrument recordings. The FET Class-A electronics provide smooth, warm sound.
Sterling Audio microphones employ several advanced technologies that separate their large-diaphragm condenser mics from the rest of the pack.
One of the more important advancements is their Disk Resonator system. With it, Sterling Audio is uniquely able to compensate for the 14kHz frequency roll-off that is inherent in large diaphragm mics. As any good audio engineer knows, this deficiency translates to a lack of sparkle from high-frequency sound sources.
Other manufacturers have typically solved this problem by cutting other frequencies and then increasing the entire signal to help even out the frequency range. Unfortunately, this results in increased noise.
Disk Resonator Technology incorporates a brass umbrella that protrudes from the center of the diaphragm in Sterling Audio's ST55 microphone. It gently boosts the diaphragm sensitivity to shorter sound waves, allowing it to respond more accurately to those all-important higher frequencies. The result is optimal sensitivity, full frequency response, and a low signal-to-noise ratio.
Another piece of audio wizardry comes in the form of the ultra-thin diaphragm membrane made of Mylar. While most modern condenser diaphragms are 6 to 12 microns in thickness, Sterling Audio, in association with 3M, has produced a highly resilient Mylar that measures a mere 3 microns. This allows the ST55 to deliver an extraordinary degree of sensitivity.
Requires phantom power.
- Disk Resonator design extends high-frequencies naturally
- Large 1-1/4" all-brass capsule, hand-assembled and oven-baked for long-term, stable operation
- Black nickel-plated brass body
- Stainless steel head and grille assembly
- Custom-wound nickel core output transformer
- HM-2 hard mount
- Rugged vinyl zipper case included
Give your recordings the attention to detail they deserve. Order the ST55 today!
- Preamp: Class-A FET
- Polar Patterns: Fixed cardioid
- High Pass Filter: Switchable 75Hz, 12dB/octave
- Attenuation Pad: Switchable -10dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz ” 18kHz
- Equivalent Noise: 22dB SPL ” A Weighted
- Sensitivity: 32mV/Pa
- Maximum SPL: 134dB-144dB (adjustable w/pad)
- Typical Load Impedance: >500 ohms
- Output Source Impedance: 200 ohms transformer isolated
- Dimensions: 7-1/2" long, 1-4/5" max. dia.
- Weight: 1 lb.