- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Warm Audio WA-47 Tube Condenser Microphone
- Write a Review
- #L01345 000000000 L01345000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The WA-47 is an all vacuum tube, large diaphragm, transformer balanced, multi-pattern, large condenser microphone, based on the classic ‘47 that has ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A gorgeous sounding classic at an incredible price
The WA-47 is an all vacuum tube, large diaphragm, transformer balanced, multi-pattern, large condenser microphone, based on the classic ‘47 that has been used on countless hit records for the last 50+ years. The WA-47 is designed for pro studio, home studio, live, and broadcast applications and sounds great on vocals, acoustic/electric guitars, acoustic/electric bass, drums, piano, strings, brass/woodwind instruments, and an array of other sources. The classic ‘47 became extremely popular in the 1960’s and is now considered one of the greatest microphones ever made. The classic ‘47 is still widely used today in professional recording studios but have become extremely rare and expensive to acquire.
Designing the WA-47 to sound like the classic ‘47 was no easy task, especially considering that some of the vintage components are no longer available. Comparing to 2 different vintage ‘47 mics, Warm Audio found that they both sounded amazing but also sounded a little different from each other. These comparison tests became the benchmark for tailoring the WA-47's sound. The result, a gorgeous sounding classic at a price that’s reachable to more people than ever before. The WA-47 sounds nearly indistinguishable from the vintage ‘47’s that were auditioned on several sources.
- Custom true '47 capsule reproduction
- Capsule makeup: Gold-sputtered, dual large diaphragm, single backplate, 6 microns NOS mylar
- JJ Slovak 5751 vacuum tube
- Gotham 5 meter GAC-7, 7-pin tube microphone cable
- Wima, Solen French, and Polystyrene capacitors
Get the sound of class microphone—call or click to order.
- Analog or digital: Analog
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Max SPL: 140 dB
- Connector: XLR
- Capsule: Condenser
- Polar pattern: 9 Patterns
- Type: Mounted
- Switches: Not Specified
- Phantom power required: Not Specified
- Diameter: 90mm
- Length: 254mm
- Weight: 9 lbs
- Case: Yes
- Clip: No
- Shockmount: Yes
- Power supply: Yes
- Cable: Yes
- Stand: No
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.