- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Warm Audio WA-87 Vintage-Style Condenser Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J48516 000001000 J48516000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The classic ‘87 is arguably the most widely-used large diaphragm condenser microphone in pop recording history. Rather than base the WA-87 circuit on...Click To Read More About This Product
MF Recording Month E-Certificate
Receive a Musician’s Friend Promo e-Cert on these select Warm Audio products. Offer valid October 1 – October 31. Available only online at Musiciansfriend.com
Offer expires 10/31/19Download Rebate
Authentic recreation of a legendary studio condenser.
The classic ‘87 is arguably the most widely-used large diaphragm condenser microphone in pop recording history. Rather than base the WA-87 circuit on current incarnations of this mic, we decided to closely follow the early circuit designs that date back nearly half a century. As is true with many classic microphones, engineers who have worked with different versions of these microphones often prefer the warmer, more forgiving nature of the earlier commercially available models. The desire to re-introduce the warm tone of this classic mic at an affordable price to an all new generation of recording artists was the inspiration behind the WA-87.
Quality Components Make a Better Mic
The WA-87 features all discrete, premium components such as Fairchild FETs, tantalum, polystyrene, and WIMA film capacitors, and is rounded off with a Cinemag USA output transformer. The WA-87 proudly uses WA's own Lens Kondensator custom reproduction of the classic K-87 dual backplate/dual diaphragm capsule, as found in early ‘87 mics.
It All Starts with The Microphone
The importance of a good microphone cannot be understated; but unfortunately, finding a truly great microphone within a budget has always been a challenge for aspiring engineers. There are very usable microphones available for those on a budget; but top shelf, classic studio microphones have simply been out of reach for most people. Warm Audio applied all they know about bridging this barrier into crafting a microphone that reaches the level of quality and sonics mostly found only in top shelf products, yet sells for a price that is down to earth.
- Analog or digital: Analog
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Max SPL: 125 dB
- Connectivity: XLR
- Capsule: Condenser
- Polar pattern: Multi-pattern
- Type: Mounted
- Applications: Studio
- Diaphragm size: Large
- Switches: High-pass, -10 dB pad
- Phantom power required: Yes
- Width: Info not available
- Height: Info not available
- Weight: Info not available
- Case: Yes
- Clip: No
- Shockmount: Yes
- Power supply: No
- Cable: No
- Stand: No
Get the classic “87-style sound for a fraction of the price.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.