- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Warm Audio WA76 Discrete Compressor
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J04503 000000000 J04503000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The WA76 Limiting Amplifier is a modern reproduction of the Classic 1176 Revision D. Every effort was made to remain faithful to the original designs...Click To Read More About This Product
MF Recording Month E-Certificate
Receive a Musician’s Friend Promo e-Cert on these select Warm Audio products. Offer valid October 1 – October 31. Available only online at Musiciansfriend.com
Offer expires 10/31/19Download Rebate
Modern reproduction of the classic 1176 limiting amplifier.
The WA76 Limiting Amplifier is a modern reproduction of the Classic 1176 Revision D. Every effort was made to remain faithful to the original designs including the use of Reichenbach Engineering's (now CineMag) transformer design that was originally used. The classic 1176 was a major breakthrough in limiter technology - the first true peak limiter with all transistor circuitry offering superior performance with a signature sound - and set the standard for all limiters to follow. The ultra-fast attack time and trademark sound have lured legendary artists and studio moguls alike to the 1176 - Peter Frampton, Joe Satriani, Joe Chiccarelli, Vance Powell, and Mike Elizondo are just a few names on a list that's continued to grow, for nearly 50 years.
- True to the Classic 1176 compressor in design and performance
- Completely discrete signal path
- Modeled after the D revision
- Utilizes USA made CINEMAG input and output transformers
- Supports the famous "all buttons in" ratio setting
- Ultra fast attack time
- Class A line level output amplifier
An affordable alternative to the original.
- Input impedance - 600 ohms, bridges-T control (floating)
- Frequency Response ± 1 dB 20 Hz to 20kHz
- XLR and TRS inputs. XLR and TRS outputs
- 55db of gain
- Less than 0.4% total harmonic distortion from 50 Hz to 20 kHz with limiting
- Signal to noise ratio is greater than 74 dB at +25 dBm
- EIN -104.1 dbm
- Attack time, 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
- Release time, 50 milliseconds to 1 second
- Meter provides dB gain reduction and dB output
- Internal power supply, external 24v AC power transformer
- 19³ Rackmount chassis, 2U
- 1-year warranty
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.