- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Yamaha EMX5016CF 16-Channel Powered Mixer
- Write a Review
- 630607 000000000 630607000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The EMX5016CF delivers the convenience of an integrated powered mixer with input capacity, flexible features, and solid sound that critical live appl...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Serious live sound capability plus innovative digital features.
The EMX5016CF delivers the convenience of an integrated powered mixer with input capacity, flexible features, and solid sound that critical live applications demand. It is remarkably compact and portable for a live sound system with this much capability. And thanks to leading Yamaha digital technology, the EMX5016CF also includes a number of innovations that make it easier than ever to achieve top-class sound in just about any venue. An impressive power output of 500 watts per channel means it can handle fairly large audiences, indoors or out.
Versatile 16-input configuration adapts to varied source requirements
The EMX5016CF has a total of 16 input channels-eight for monaural microphone or line input plus four stereo pairs. The stereo channel pairs can function either as monaural microphone inputs or stereo line inputs. This system gives you extra microphone inputs if your sources are mostly microphones, or if you need to handle more stereo sources, the EMX5016CF will comfortably handle four pairs in addition to eight mono mic or line inputs.
Advanced channel EQ
3-band EQ is available on all input channels, but extra versatility is provided on the eight mono channels with mid-frequency sweep controls. The mid EQ center frequency can be continuously swept from 250 Hz through 5 kHz so you can precisely pinpoint frequencies in the critical midrange.
Ample I/O for expansion and integration
All you need to create a powerful, high-performance live sound system is the EMX5016CF, a pair of speakers or two, and your sources. But it does feature a range of inputs and outputs that allow it to be expanded with external gear or integrated into larger systems. Insert patch points on the mono input channels, for example, let you add outboard signal processing to individual input channels. And although you have all the monitor power and effects you're likely to need built in, external aux and effect sends allow you to route the mixer's signals to external signal processing and/or monitor systems as required. Stereo out, stereo sub-out, and record outputs are also provided.
One-knob compression on the first 8 channels
The EMX5016CF features compressors on all monaural microphone/line channels that can help to make vocals ride the mix better, give you that smooth compressed guitar sound, deliver more punchy bass, and generally refine your mixes in a multitude of ways. These unique one-knob compressors are surprisingly simple to use. There are no multiple attack, threshold, makeup gain, and other controls-just set the COMP control to the amount of compression you need.
9-band digital graphic EQ with presets & memory
This advanced digital 9-band stereo graphic equalizer goes way beyond conventional analog types with a refined control interface, instant-recall presets, and user memory locations. It also works with the console's innovative Frequency Response Correction system (see below) for unprecedented response-shaping control. Of course you can manually adjust each band as required from scratch, but you can also use one of the presets-vocal, dance, or speech-as a starting point and edit from there. You also have three user memories into which you can store your own EQ curves for instant recall whenever needed.
FRC (Frequency Response Correction) System
Setting a live sound system's output equalizer to optimally match room response is normally a complicated process requiring noise generators, calibrated microphones, real-time analyzers, and a great deal of time and experience. The EMX5016CF handles the entire process automatically, using either pink noise or a recorded music source you supply. To precisely match the system's response to the room you're in all you need to do is set up a microphone in an appropriate location, connect it to channel 1, and press the measure/correct button once to make the measurement, and then again to automatically set the graphic equalizer for optimized response. The EQ setting can then be stored in one of the user memories for later recall if needed.
Automatic Feedback Suppression
Although the graphic equalizer can be used for feedback control, the EMX5016CF provides a Feedback Suppressor system that is dedicated to the job. The Feedback Suppressor works by detecting feedback frequencies on the stereo bus and applying precise notch filters to eliminate the feedback. The Feedback Suppressor has an automatic mode that automatically keeps track of and attenuates feedback frequencies for you, and a sensitive manual mode that lets you pinpoint and attenuate feedback points one by one.
The EMX5016CF "Maximizer" is an advanced 3-band compressor that can be applied to the stereo bus for a more punchy "up-front" overall sound. Simply press the maximize switch to instantly give the mix more presence and impact without sacrificing musical subtlety.
Dual Yamaha SPX effect processors
The EMX5016CF includes not one but two top-performance Yamaha SPX digital effect processors built in! You might only need ambience effects such as reverb and delay for live sound applications-and the EMX5016CF includes some of the finest reverb and delay effects available-but if you need other effects as well they're right at your fingertips, and you can use two different effects simultaneously. Each effect processor offers a selection of 16 top-quality effects including reverb, echo, chorus, flanger, phaser, and even distortion, with editable parameters that allow you to customize each effect.
Dual aux sends
Aux 1 and aux 2 send controls with pre/post fader switching adjust the level of the channel signal sent to the auxiliary buses for monitoring or external effects send. The availability of two aux sends provides considerable flexibility for effect and monitor routing. You could, for example, use the channel effect controls to control send level to the internal SPX effect processor while using aux 2 to feed an external effects unit, and aux 1 to feed a stage monitor system.
- 16 input channels (8 mono mic, 4 stereo pairs)
- Dual AUX Sends
- 500 W + 500 W (4 ohms)
- Maximum Power Switch
- Standby Mode
- Power Amp Mode Switch
- YSP (Yamaha Speaker Processing)
- Lightweight Design
- Dual SPX Processors
- Input Gain Trim and Pads
- 3-band Mid-sweep Channel EQ
- FCL (Feedback Channel Locator) system
- FRC System
- PFL and AFL Monitoring
- Single-knob compression on first 8 channels
- Assignable 9-band Digital Graphic EQ
- Multi-band Maximizer
- Lightweight Design (11kg)
- Lamp Connector
- Speakon and 1/4" phone jack speaker output connectors
- Maximum Output Power @ 0.5 % THD at 1 kHz: 500 W/4 ohms, 350 W/8 ohms (UA), 320 W/8 ohms (H)
- Frequency Response: -3, 0, 1 dB, 20 Hz-20 kHz, ref to the nominal output level @ 1 kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: Less than 0.3 % (THD+N), +14dBu output into 600 ohms @ 20 Hz-20 kHz
- Hum & Noise: Equivalent Input Noise, -128 dBu, GAIN=MAX, 20 Hz-20 kHz, ST OUT
- Crosstalk @ 1 kHz: -68 dB
- Input Connectors:
- CH 1-8: XLR and Phone
- CH 9/10, 11/12: XLR and Phone
- CH 13/14, 15/16: XLR and Pin
- EQ: HIGH (10 k, Shelving), MID (mono: 250-5 k, st: 2.5 k, Peaking), LOW (100, Shelving)
- Phantom Voltage: 48 V
- Digital Graphic Equalizer: 9 Band (63Hz, 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz, 4kHz, 8kHz, 16kHz), ±12 dB (maximum variation); Preset x 3, User preset x 3
- Digital Effects: SPX Digital Multi Effector (24 bit AD/DA, 32 bit Internal Processing): 16 Programs
- Power Amp. Mode: L/R, AUX1/MONO, AUX1/AUX2
- Foot Switch: Effect On/Off
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 444 x 493 x 155 mm (17-3/8" x 19-3/8" x 6-1/8")
- Weight: 11 kg (24.3 lbs.)
- Power Requirements/Consumption: U/C: 120 V 60 Hz, 450 W
- H: 230 V 50 Hz, 450 W
- BS: 240 V 50 Hz, 450 W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 444mm x 493mm x 155mm
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.