- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Zoom H8 Handy Recorder
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L77774 000000000 L77774000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Create your way with the H8 Handy Recorder. With 12 simultaneous recording tracks, interchangeable capsules, and an App-driven touchscreen interface,...Click To Read More About This Product
Interchangeable capsules and app compatibility meet your recording needs.
Create your way with the H8 Handy Recorder. With 12 simultaneous recording tracks, interchangeable capsules, and an App-driven touchscreen interface, the H8 is designed to meet all your audio recording needs.
There’s An App For Your Workflow
Whether you’re capturing audio on location, recording music, or producing a podcast, the H8 color touchscreen adapts to your project’s needs with three App-driven interface options.
The PODCAST app makes high-production quality simple. With dedicated Sound Pads, use the touch screen to trigger sound effects, music beds and more. Choose from 13 high-quality sounds or load your own via an SD card. The PODCAST app accommodates up to four mics and two Sound Pad channels.
The MUSIC app puts all the important controls at your fingertips: audio levels, faders, metering and more. With 10 input recording input tracks, capturing a large group is easy. Mix, overdub, and enhance your recordings with EQ and compression. Connect to Zoom’s Guitar Lab via USB to access an endless assortment of amps and effects.
The FIELD app is ideal for location sound, sound design, conferences and more. It gives you instant access to large meters for every track, so you can make sure your recordings never clip. Adjust input type, lo-cut, compress, limiter, noise gate and other key settings.
The Mic Capsule
The H8 comes with the Zoom XYH-6 microphone. This capsule provides two matched high-quality unidirectional mics, for capturing signal directly in front of the recorder. With the Zoom mic capsule system you can easily swap capsules to ensure you’re always using the right mic for the job.
Zoom’s Capsule System 2.0 allows up to 4 channels of audio to be added to the H8's capsule connection, creating new ways to expand your recording capabilities.
The XAH-8 capsule delivers pristine stereo recordings. Easily rotate the capsules from a tight XY pattern to a wide AB pattern to enhance the stereo image of your recordings.
The VRH-8 is an Ambisonic mic capsule that utilizes four condenser microphones to deliver immersive 360 audio recordings. A built-in accelerometer helps ensure the capsule is always perfectly aligned, while the on-board Ambisonic decoder automatically handles the necessary conversions, saving you time in post-production.
The EXH-8 capsule provides 4 additional XLR inputs, giving you a total of 10. Each additional input has a dedicated gain knob and pad switch. You can even use your favorite condenser microphones—just connect a power source to the EXH-8 capsule to supply phantom power.
You can monitor level meters and hit REC, PLAY, and STOP in each H8 application mode. Just insert the BTA-1 (sold separately) to your H8 and connect to your iOS device.
Inputs & Outputs
H8 offers four XLR inputs with dedicated pad switches and gain control. Two additional XLR/TRS combo jacks with Hi-Z switches allow you to capture line level signals, microphones, or directly record electric guitars and basses.
Monitor tracks using the built-in 1/8” headphone output or connect directly to your camera using the dedicated stereo line output.
Multi-Channel Audio Interface
The H8 is a powerful USB audio interface. Connect via USB to your PC, Mac, iPad or tablet for up to 12 channels of simultaneous recording.
Recording Time & File Formats
Get more than 20 hours of recording time from just four AA batteries. Or record forever with the optional AD-17 adapter.
The H8 records BWF-compliant WAV and MP3 files in any of the following formats:
44.1kHz (16-bit, 24-bit)
48kHz (16-bit, 24-bit)
96kHz (16-bit, 24-bit)
The Zoom H8 comes with a free download license for Cubase LE and Steinberg’s WaveLab Cast software. WaveLab Cast helps you to finalize your project with a wide range of comprehensive editing, mixing and refinement tools.
WaveLab Cast connects you directly with podcast directories, such as Spreaker or Podbean. You can upload episodes quickly, plus directly create and publish RSS feeds.
Import your video file and WaveLab Cast will automatically extract the audio. You can use the editing tools to lower unwanted noise, change levels and remove loud sibilants. Metering options allow you to build new tracks, fade-in your music, use EQ and compression. Re-attach the audio to the video file using WaveLab Cast’s export functions.
WaveLab Cast supports up to 96KHz audio quality and includes a high-end re-sampler. RestoreRig removes noise and unwanted sounds. You can assemble new files using the snap functions and crossfade options. Once you’re done, export your sound files in any popular audio format.
- Customized applications with 3 distinct interfaces for field recording, music and podcasting
- Interchangeable input capsules
- 12-track simultaneous recording
- Four mic inputs and two XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Gain control knobs and -20dB pads for each input
- Supplied XYH-6 X/Y capsule provides secondary input via a stereo ⅛” Mic/Line In mini phone jack
- Phantom power for four main XLR inputs: +12/+24/+48V
- Large color LCD touchscreen display
- Records directly to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards up to 512GB
- Up to 24-bit /96kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Auto-record, Pre-record and Backup-record functions mean that you'll never miss that perfect take
- Built-in effects, including low-cut filtering, compression, and limiting
- Multichannel and stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac/iPad
- Accepts standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries
- Over 20 hours of operation with 4 AA alkaline batteries
Do it all with the H8 recorder. Order yours today.
- Input Channels: 8 (XY mic capsule, 1-4, A, B)
- Output Channels: 1 (combined stereo headphone/line)
- Mic In: ZOOM mic connector
- Input 1-4: (2: HOT)
- Input A/B: XLR/TRS combo jacks (XLR: 2 hot, TRS: TIP hot)
- USB: USB Micro-B (audio interface, mass storage and Guitar Lab connection functions). Note: Use a USB cable that supports data transfer. Operation using USB bus power is possible.
- Remote: ZOOM BTA-1 or other dedicated wireless adapter
- Line Out: 3.5 mm stereo mini
- Phone Out: 3.5 mm stereo mini
- +24 V/+48 V (independent ON/OFF for INPUTS 1–4, A and B)
- Recording Media: Cards that support SD/SDHC/SDXC specifications
- WAV Formats: 44.1/48/96 kHz, 16/24-bit, mono/stereo
- MP3 Formats: 128, 192, 320 kbps
- Maximum Simultaneous Recording Tracks: 12 (MIC IN, backup recording, 1-4, A, B, and LR)
- Multitrack mode: 44.1/48/96 kHz, 16/24-bit, 12-in/2-out
- Stereo mix mode: 44.1/48 kHz, 24-bit, 2-in/2-out
4 AA batteries (alkaline, NiMH or lithium)
AC Adapter (ZOOM AD-17): DC 5 V/1A
USB bus power
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.