- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Behringer S16 Digital Snake
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #H88964 000000000 H88964000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The new S16 Digital Snake from BEHRINGER takes the burden out of connecting your FOH (Front of House) console with the band. The S16 provides 16 full...Click To Read More About This Product
Got digital mixing? Add a digital snake.
The new S16 Digital Snake from BEHRINGER takes the burden out of connecting your FOH (Front of House) console with the band. The S16 provides 16 fully programmable, remotely controllable high-end mic preamps plus 8 analog, balanced XLR returns at the stage end, and connects to the FOH via a single CAT5 cable without the need for a dedicated router.
Any mixing board with AES50 networking capability can tap into the S16's powerful feature set. So if you happen to work on an analog mixing board occasionally, you could use the S16 and an A/D/A convertor to form a high-performance, lightweight 16 x 16 digital snake, all on one CAT5 connection, keeping the preamp remote control functionality.
The S16's monitoring / head amp control section allows you to select any one of the 16 inputs, 8 bus outputs or P16 output streams for immediate line checks. In addition to signal metering at the stage box, you can set individual input channel Gain, apply +48 V phantom power, plus you have the option of listening directly to the input signal via headphones and much more. Once set, all configuration settings can be locked at the console for total system security.
KLARK TEKNIK SuperMAC (AES50-Compliant) technology gives the S16 its high-capacity digital interconnectivity with ultra-low latency operation, as well as simple deployment and ease of use. KLARK TEKNIK engineers worked with BEHRINGER product developers to ensure the S16 meets, or exceeds, the requirements of live performance entertainers and their professional audio engineers. Some of the outstanding features are:
48 bidirectional audio channels over CAT5 cable (48 kHz)
24 bidirectional audio channels over CAT5 cable (96 kHz)
Single cable duplex interconnection for audio and sample clocks
Ethernet physical layer audio data transmission
High channel count and ultra-low deterministic latency
Accurate phase-aligned clock distribution.
Comprehensive error detection
Provision for redundant networking
Minimal configuration ± total ease of deployment and use
Ethernet TCP/IP protocol-compatible auxiliary data channel
Royalty-free implementations available as Xilinx FPGA cores
OEM modules available from developer partners
- 16 MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps
- 8 analog, servo-balanced XLR outputs
- AES50 network ports
- Up to 100 m networking capability via CAT-5e cable (not included)
- Dual AES50 ports for cascading S16 units
- Precise LED metering plus 7-segment displays
- Phones output assignable to any of the inputs/outputs
- Dual ADAT outputs
- MIDI In/Out
- USB connector for system updates via PC
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction
Order now for digital convenience in live mixing.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.