- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
DG De Gregorio Drum Box Travel Cajon with Pedal
- Write a Review
- J04761 000000000 J04761000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Drum Box model is a new concept in the world of the caj³n: in addition to the front panel this caj³n features an extra side surface which is mean...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A tandem of cajon and foot pedal that transports in itself.
The Drum Box model is a new concept in the world of the caj³n: in addition to the front panel this caj³n features an extra side surface which is meant to be played with the patented pedal that is on De Gregorio's catalogue. This fact allows to obtain two different tones from the same instrument, both of them of very high quality, and to play the caj³n with a "drum-set" approach.
On top of that, both playing surfaces can be easily replaced thanks to the patented "Maestral" system.
The "travel" version offers a further option as opposed to the "standard" one: thanks to the removable back panel, the inside of the caj³n can be used as a storage space for the pedal, with a considerable practical advantage for transportation.
This patented accessory is the most effective device for those who also want to use their foot to play the caj³n. Compared to the existing models on the market, this pedal is different because it doesn't use a wire system as a transmission mechanism: the beater moves by means of an adjustable metal bar which is directly connected to the foot platform, in a similar way to double bass drum kit pedals.
The advantage of this system is a better response, without delays caused by friction, and therefore with a quicker action and greater accuracy of strokes and dynamics.
This pedal was conceived to hit the side of the caj³n, since it was designed especially for the DrumBox, but it can also be used on a front panel of any other model with excellent results, providing that the angle of the transmission bar doesn't exceed 45 in relation to the beating surface.
The foot platform can be easily dismounted and re-assembled symmetrically, in order to allow even left footed players to use it. The beater is made with a thick and soft material which re-creates realistically the sound of the hand palm, and it is possible to adjust its angle of impact with the beating surface.
- Size: 19.29" x 11.4" x 11.4"
- Sides: 5 plies of baltic birch
- Back: 3mm in 3 plies of baltic birch. Removable by means of 6 screws
- Front: 2.5mm in 5 plies of baltic birch with Alpi Lignum venneer
- Side beating surface: 3mm in 3 plies of baltic birch
- Snare system: 2 tunable independent steel strings with quick-release device
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.