- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Furman PST-8D Power Station Series AC Power Conditioner
- Write a Review
- #430890 000000000 430890000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Furman PST-8 D Power Station is equipped with Furman's SMP circuit to insure that any electronic device (including televisions, projectors, CD-D...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Clean, filtered AC guarantees peak performance for your electronic equipment.
The Furman PST-8 D Power Station is equipped with Furman's SMP circuit to insure that any electronic device (including televisions, projectors, CD-DVD players, or computers) is fed clean, filtered AC power. This dramatically reduces electrical noise, ensuring consistent peak performance from your equipment.
Typical AC filters feature antiquated non-linear circuits. Though these multiple stage filters or power cleaners reduce some noise, they do so unevenly. In fact, they can add noise to your power line due to their filter's excessive resonant peaking. With Furman's proprietary Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT), the PST-8D's AC noise is suppressed evenly, assuring maximum performance from your system.
Furman's SMP circuit delivers automatic extreme-voltage shutdown. Extreme voltages are statistically the most common, damaging AC event. The Extreme Voltage Shutdown circuit automatically turns off the unit when it is fed 137 volts or higher protecting itself and connected equipment from the extreme voltage. The PST-8D adds telco and cable/satellite transient voltage suppression, and you have what is, unquestionably, one of the most comprehensive protection solutions available in a portable AC power conditioner.
Conventional AC conditioners employing older technologies leak voltage to circuit ground which can, in fact, aid in damaging sensitive digital circuits such as computer processors. Furman's new technology, however, never directs voltage to the circuit ground further ensuring the safety of your equipment.
Today's overworked, outdated power grid delivers poor quality AC power. When connecting sensitive equipment to regular power outlets, AC noise masks and distorts critical signal information which cripples performance. This is why it's more important than ever to purify or clean the AC powering your sensitive audio/video equipment. And that is why the PST-8 D is such a wise choice.
- Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP) provides the highest level of protection available
- Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT) significantly reduces AC line noise
- Extreme Voltage Shutdown (E.V.S.) protects equipment from dangerous overvoltage conditions
- Zero ground contamination circuitry assures the delivery of pure AC power thus protecting critical audio/video components
- Cable/satellite and Telco connectors deliver advanced protection to connected equipment
- Isolated outlet banks keep digital and analog components from interfering with each other
- Sturdy aluminium chassis
- 3-year limited warranty
The "D" in PST-8 D stands for defense. Order it to keep your electronics protected from surges.
- Power consumption: 6W for display and control circuits independent of actual load
- AC noise attenuation: Transverse (Differential) Mode:> 40dB from 150kHz-100 MHz > 80dB from 100kHz-1GHz
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 2.75" x 3.75" x 19.69"
- Transient voltage surge suppression:
- 120 VAC-Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP) with a high current TVZ-MOV- Non-sacrificial with zeroground contamination
- (188V peak clamping @ 6000V 3000A input)
- Extreme Voltage Shutdown (EVS) (>135 VAC)
- Cable/Satellite (less than .1dB insertion loss) (2 pairs)
- AC Current Capacity: Input-15 amps capacity required
- Output-15 amps RMS (Maximum, all outlets combined-continuous)
- Outlets: 4 digital-ultrasonic noise filtered outlets
- 4 linearly filtered outlets
- Safety agency listing: C-UL (UL standard #1449, #136
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.