Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Mojotone 58 Quiet Coil with Hot Bridge Strat Prewired Pickguardtrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Mojotone 58 Quiet Coil with Hot Bridge Strat Prewired Pickguard$326.99
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
It's all about the tone.
The ‘58 “Quiet Coil” with the Hot "Quiet Coil", gives you a pure vintage '50s Strat tone in the neck and middle positions with a hotter bridge pickup for those who need slightly more girth and sustain out of the bridge position. Carefully balanced in output from the neck, middle, to bridge positions, and completely hum-cancelling in ALL positions.
Tortoise 3-Ply, 11-Hole standard Strat pickguard with aged-white knobs, switch tip, and pickup covers
‘58 Quiet Coil neck and middle pickups with Hot Quiet Coil bridge pickup
Prewired with no soldering required. Just drop in and play
Handmade in the USA
-What is the difference between the ‘58 and ‘67 Quiet Coils?
Just like the original 1958 and 1967 Strat pickups, the materials, number of turns, winding patterns, etc all changed throughout the different years of manufacturing. The 58's tend to sound brighter with more upper midrange presence, which gives them a glassier tone, compared to the 67's which are slightly more scooped on the mids with a rounder top end, and more quack in positions 2 and 4 of the 5-way switch.
-Does the Hot Quiet Coil in the bridge position sound like a humbucker?
No, the Hot Quiet Coil is designed to sound like an overwound single coil Strat pickup with more bass, mids, and output compared to a vintage spec bridge pickup. This gives you more girth and sustain without sacrificing single coil dynamics or tone.
- Consistent scatterwound coils for that handwound tone, sensitivity, and clarity
- Vintage formulated Alnico magnet cores with lower Gauss levels like an aged vintage strat pickup
- Vintage cloth covered leads for easy push-back soldering
- Matched resonant peak frequency, inductance, and resistance of a vintage single coil
- Vintage staggered polepieces for a traditional strat pickup look
- No routing modifications are required to fit shallow vintage routs like the taller stacked hum-cancelling designs
- No PC boards, batteries, or stacked coils are used like other hum-cancelling designs
- Less than 10 parts are used to build the Quiet Coils. Like a vintage strat pickup, they are SIMPLE
Handmade in the USA. Order today.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.