- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
A Designs KGB II Instrument Pre Amplifier
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J24241 000000000 J24241000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The KGB-II is a dual-input high impedance, discrete audio pre-amp designed for high impedance, unbalanced signals including guitar, bass guitar and e...Click To Read More About This Product
Dual input preamp for guitar and other high impedance signals.
The KGB-II is a dual-input high impedance, discrete audio pre-amp designed for high impedance, unbalanced signals including guitar, bass guitar and electronic keyboards. Just as a low-impedance, balanced pre-amp is a tremendous benefit for your microphones signal, a pre-amplifier designed for use with unbalanced high impedance instruments is also a critical component of great sound from a high-impedance sound source.
The KGB Series contains high voltage, discrete op-amps with balanced output transformers by Cinemag, Inc. The KGB-II is a single-channel, solid-state unit that works well with guitar, bass or keyboards. It features an all metal chassis, milled aluminum knobs, balanced XLR gold pin Neutrik outputs, Switchcraft 1/4" input jacks, bipolar electrolytic capacitors, 1% metal resistors, blue LED power indicator, four rubber feet and heat vents.
Output to Line-In to FOH or Stage Monitors.
Output to Line-In on a Recording Console
Output to Input of Digital Audio Converters
Output to Power Amplifiers
- Two Discrete Inputs with Thru
- Gain Select Switches for each channel
- High/Low- Phase Reverse Switch for each channel
- Gain Lift Switch
- External Power Transformer for a very low Noise Floor
- Balanced, line-level +4db output
Order today and find guitar, bass and keyboard sound you never thought possible.
- S/N: Better than 90db (shorted input)
- Output: Xfmr Balanced +4 @ 600 ohms
- Power: 20VAC (rated) 22-27VAC (unloaded) External, +/-24VDC Internal
- Gain: Low = 70db, High = 90db (2Khz source @ .775V)
- Gain: Low = 35db, High = 60db (2Khz source @ .09mv)
- Sensitivity: Lower than .09mv
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.