- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ashdown ABM 1200 EVO IV 1,200W Tube Hybrid Bass Amp Head
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L47769 000000000 L47769000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The ABM 1200 EVO IV teams the ABM preamp with a gut-rumbling 1,200W power stage. Immediately identifiable on stages around the world thanks to its gl...Click To Read More About This Product
Deliver a whopping 1,200W of low-end thunder with tube flavor.
The ABM 1200 EVO IV teams the ABM preamp with a gut-rumbling 1,200W power stage.
Immediately identifiable on stages around the world thanks to its glowing VU meter, the Ashdown ABM has become the industry standard for over twenty years.
Now in its fifth incarnation, ABM EVO IV pairs class-leading preamp sophistication with uprated powerhouse performance and a 9-band EQ.
Variable Valve Drive Plus – from zero to rock hero!
Our Variable Valve Drive preamp section has also been upgraded in EVO IV. Delivering more current to the 12AX7 tube enables more drive and harmonic content than ever before, enabling players to dial in a sound from pristine clean, to the fattest, fullest bass overdrive currently available. The Drive level can be preset and kicked in and out via footswitch, providing access to a huge range of clean, warm and overdriven tones.
The best EQ in the business, just got better!
Bassists plugging into EVO IV will be greeted straight away by the flickering of the new Input VU meter, allowing them to quickly find the sweet spot for their instrument. From there, EVO IV features a sophisticated 9-band EQ, with familiar Bass, Middle and Treble controls and six sliders providing precision cut and boost at 100Hz, 180Hz, 340Hz, 1.3KHz, 2.6KHz and 5KHz. The EQ can be switched in via footswitch taking the player from a flat fretless sound to their favorite EQ setting instantly. The NEW 9-band EQ is a revelation of sonic perfection and will surprise older ABM users.
Other ABM favorite features are retained in EVO IV, including Ashdown’s famous One Knob Dynamic Compressor sub octave note for huge bass tones. Kick it in and this simple to use, great sounding compressor delivers a powerful, even sound, guaranteed to help your bass fill out any mix.
Once heard – never forgotten. The ABM Sub-Harmonic generator adds an octave below the notes being played bringing fullness to any bass part. The Sub level is independently controllable, letting you dial in anything from a subtle hint of deep bass to a full-on subterranean funk.
Not that you'd expect any less, ABM is loaded with connectivity. A tuner output, Line out, transparent FX loop and a Line Input for the connection of an external sampler or sound source. Output muting cuts the signal from the DI output but leaves the tuner output 'live', allowing the player to tune up in silence.
Paired with our FS-4 footswitch (not included) the ABM comes alive for onstage use, enabling on-the-fly tonal gearshifts. With footswitchable Valve Drive, Compression, EQ and Sub Harmonic Generator, ABM puts dozens of sound combinations at your feet, without so much as an effect pedal in sight.
Call or click to order today!
- Power: 600 + 600 Watts
- Tubes: one 12AX7
- Power Requirement: 115-230 Volts
- Speaker Outputs: 4 x Jack/Speakon outputs
- Frequency Response: -3dB @ 17Hz und 30KHz
- High Instrument Input: Impedance 3.9m Ohms, input range 150mV
- Low Instrument Input: Impedance 10k Ohms, input range 300mV - 40V p-p
- Line Input: Impedance 22k Ohms, input level 0dBu nominal
- DI Output: 600 Ohm balanced, Level 0dBu nominal
- Tuner Output: Impedance 22k Ohms, Level 0dBu nominal
- Impedance: Minimum 4 Ohms Per Side
- Effects Send: Impedance 22k Ohm, Level 0dBu nominal
- Effects Return: Impedance 22k Ohms, Input Level 0dBu Nominal
- Dimensions: 6.1" x 24.02" x 14.17"
- Weight: 46.3 lb.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.