- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
BBE Acoustimax Sonic Maximizer/Preamp Pedal
- Write a Review
- 157031 000000000 157031000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
3-band recording-console-quality EQ with sweepable mid and low frequency notch filter. Phase reversal, ground lift, line level out, dedicated tuner o...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Makes amplified acoustic instruments sound more natural.
3-band recording-console-quality EQ with sweepable mid and low frequency notch filter. Phase reversal, ground lift, line level out, dedicated tuner out, TRS effects loop, and even a pre/post switchable DI output with pad make this a true studio-quality device that shines onstage. Hardwire bypass, non-slip rubber bottom, included 12V power supply.
The BBE Process--"What it Is"
Loudspeakers have difficulty working with the electronic signals supplied by an amplifier. These difficulties cause such major phase and amplitude distortion that the sound reproduced by the speaker differs significantly from the sound produced by the original source.
In the past, these problems proved unsolvable and were thus relegated to a position of secondary importance in audio system design. However, phase and amplitude integrity is essential to accurate sound reproduction. Research shows that the information which the listener translates into the recognizable characteristics of a live performance are intimately tied into complex time and amplitude relationships between the fundamental and harmonic components of a given musical note or sound. These relationships define a sound's "sound".
When these complex relationships pass through a speaker, the proper order is lost. The higher frequencies are delayed. A lower frequency may reach the listener's ear first or perhaps simultaneously with that of a higher frequency. In some cases, the fundamental components may be so time-shifted that they reach the listener's ear ahead of some or all of the harmonic components.
This change in the phase and amplitude relationship on the harmonic and fundamental frequencies is technically called "envelope distortion." The listener perceives this loss of sound integrity in the reproduced sound as "muddy" and "smeared." In the extreme, it can become difficult to tell the difference between musical instruments, for example, an oboe and a clarinet.
BBE Sound, Inc. conducted extensive studies of numerous speaker systems over a ten year period. With this knowledge, it became possible to identify the characteristics of an ideal speaker and to distill the corrections necessary to return the fundamental and harmonic frequency structures to their correct order. While there are differences among various speaker designs in the magnitude of their correction, the overall pattern of correction needed is remarkably consistent.
The BBE Process is so unique that 42 patents have been awarded by the U.S. Patent Office.
- 3 band, recording-console quality EQ with a sweepable mid-range band
- Phase reversal
- Ground lift
- Line level out
- Dedicated tuner out
- TRS effects loop
- Pre/post switchable DI output with pad
- Hardwire bypass
- Non-slip rubber bottom
- 12V power supply included
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 20kHz
- Treble: +/-12dB @ 10kHz
- Mid: +/-12dB @ 400Hz - 2.5kHz
- Bass: +/-12dB @ 60Hz
- Notch: 0 to -12dB @ 70Hz - 250kHz
- BBE: Lo Contour +15dB @ 50Hz
- Process: +15dB @ 10kHz
- Noise: Instrument Jack -98dBv (unity gain)
- Line Out: -88dBv (+10dB gain)
- Max Output: +10dBu @ Instrument Jack
- THD: 0.05% at 1kHz
- Impedances: Input 2.2mOhm
- Tuner Out: 2kOhm
- Line Out: 1kOhm
- Instrument Out: 2kOhm
- XLR Out: 600Ohm
- Power Requirements: DC inlet +12VAC min. 200ma
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.