- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Boss DD-8 Digital Delay Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L70091 000000000 L70091000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Introducing the DD-8, the most wide-ranging and feature-rich BOSS compact series delay ever. This loaded pedal delivers more of everything—more great...Click To Read More About This Product
This incredibly versatile delay will be right at home on your board.
Introducing the DD-8, the most wide-ranging and feature-rich BOSS compact series delay ever. This loaded pedal delivers more of everything—more great sounds, more delay time, more control options, and more connectivity. And it does it all in a standard BOSS pedal that slides easily into any mono or stereo setup. Eleven modes provide delay colors from basic to exotic, plus a looper with unlimited overdub capability and external control support. For maximum versatility in a minimum amount of space, there’s no better delay stomp than the DD-8.
Equipped with a diverse selection of delays, the DD-8 packs impressive sonic range into one small pedal. Clean digital delays, vintage analog and tape types, and modulation echo are available, plus specialty delays like shimmer and reverse. There’s a new Warm type for softer echo tones, and a +RV type that blends delay and reverb together. Warp is perfect for dynamic ambient textures, while the new GLT type is great for glitchy rhythmic effects.
Stereo to the Max
Everything sounds bigger and better in stereo, and the DD-8 delivers with full stereo I/O support and your choice of three output modes. The default setting provides independent delays, with normal delays on Output A and long delays (double the normal time) on Output B. There’s also a panning mode for ping-pong delay effects, and a wide stereo mode for enhanced spatial depth.
The DD-8’s extensive real-time delay options help bring your music to life. You can tap in tempos with the onboard pedal switch, and control the Warp and GLT modes for unique expressive effects. Adding one or two footswitches unlocks more creative possibilities, like on-demand tap tempo, extended looper control, and a cool Twist effect for soaring echo sounds. Alternately, an expression pedal can be used for continuous control of level, feedback, or delay time—or all of them at once.
Having a looper on your pedalboard is a handy thing—it’s great for practice, checking sounds at gigs, and creating on-the-fly backing while performing. The DD-8’s looper mode has you covered, so you don’t have to take up precious space with a dedicated pedal. All looper functions can be controlled with the onboard switch, providing all-in-one operation. But if you prefer to work with extended controls, just connect one or two footswitches to operate the looper’s stop and clear functions externally.
Smart I/O for Easy Setup
The DD-8’s inputs and outputs have smart functionality, allowing you to set the pedal for any application simply by connecting cables in different ways. A variety of mono and stereo connections are supported, including discrete dry and effect outputs for wet/dry setups. It’s even possible to defeat the dry signal entirely, perfect for delay-only blending in a parallel effects loop.
DD-8 Delay Modes
Analog—Classic analog BBD delay sound.
Standard—Clear digital delay.
Tape—Vintage tape-based delay sound.
Warm—Digital delay with a softer sound.
Reverse—Backwards delay for cool psychedelic effects and other unique tones.
+RV—Digital delay with reverb added.
Shimmer—Pitch-shifted delay for lush, shimmering textures.
Mod—Digital delay with modulation added on the repeats.
Warp—Unique delay with expressive pedal control. Holding the pedal switch increases feedback and level, allowing you to create ambient swell effects.
GLT—Newly developed delay mode that creates glitchy machine-gun effects when the pedal switch is pressed. Adjust the Feedback and Time knobs for a wide variety of sounds.
Loop—Loop recorder with overdub capability and up to 40 seconds of recording time with mono input (20 seconds with stereo input).
Call or click to order today!
- Eleven versatile modes include basic digital delay, vintage echos, shimmer, mod, looper, and more
- Looper offers up to 40 seconds of recording time, overdub capability, and three-pedal operation with external footswitches
- Three newly developed delay types: Warm, +RV (delay+reverb), and GLT (rhythmic delay)
- Up to 10 seconds of delay time available with tap tempo input
- Carryover switch sets whether delay trails continue or stop when the effect is bypassed
- True stereo I/O and three selectable output modes (independent, panning, and wide stereo)
- Smart I/O jacks support a variety of connection setups (mono, stereo, wet/dry, wet only, and more)
- Support for external control with two footswitches or an expression pedal
- Unique Twist function available in each delay mode via an external footswitch
- BOSS five-year warranty
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.