- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Boss ST-2 Power Stack Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H65658 000000000 H65658000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
From fat crunch to ultra high-gain distortion, the BOSS ST-2 Power Stack distortion pedal delivers famous BOSS distortion with a stunning amount of p...Click To Read More About This Product
Authentic amp stack sounds from a compact stompbox!
From fat crunch to ultra high-gain distortion, the BOSS ST-2 Power Stack distortion pedal delivers famous BOSS distortion with a stunning amount of power that's akin to coveted tube amps and professional amp stacks. The Sound knob simultaneously blends gain amount and sound character, so you can quickly dial up anything from vintage crunch and punchy drive to full-assault distortion. To add further detail to your tone, simply tweak the onboard two-band EQ to taste.
The ST-2 is one very unique distortion pedal, calling on the years of amp-modeling research BOSS has done to bring you real stack sounds in a compact stompbox.
Tower of Power
The ST-2 Power Stack distortion pedal delivers the playing feel and power that are hallmarks of stack amps. It was derived from BOSS' extensive analysis of the sound and characteristics of a vast number of classic guitar amps. This distortion effect delivers authentic tone and expression that responds naturally to picking nuances and volume changes on your guitar. But emulation is only the beginning, as the ST-2 has the ability to go beyond the sound of real amps.
Crunch, Drive, Ultra High Gain
The ST-2 lets you enjoy a rich, clean tone when playing soft, and smoothly transition into a fat crunch as you play harder-great for rock ballads or songs that require dramatic tone shifts. Imagine the powerful, driving sound of a stack amplifier. An authentic classic-rock tone is here as well, with crisp overtones. Turn up the Sound knob for a heavy-metal tone. The ST-2 allows extreme high gain, but offers a powerful low-end and sharp edge at the same time.
The SOUND knob is a controller that is uniquely BOSS. Simply set it to the tone type you're looking for. The SOUND knob not only changes gain but sound character as well, from brisk crunch and spectacular drive to earth-shaking ultrahigh gain.
Road-Tough BOSS construction
BOSS compact pedals are world-famous for their great sound as well as their road-tough construction, consistency, and reliability. The ST-2 Power Stack inherits this BOSS-proven design, offering guitarists a solidly constructed pedal that's built to withstand decades of demanding use.
- Original distortion sound reminiscent of tube-based stack amplifiers
- Provides a wide range of tones, from vintage crunch to ultra high-gain modern distortion
- Faithful and accurate response to picking nuances and volume changes
- Sound Knob controls both gain level and sound character
- Two-band EQ with dedicated Bass and Treble knobs
- Road-tough BOSS construction
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.