- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret (Marshall Amp Emulation) Guitar Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- J06453 000000000 J06453000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Dirty Little Secret has earned itself a well-deserved reputation for replicating the sound and feel of a classic-era Marshall amplifier, supplyin...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Classic Marshall sound stuffed into an awesome pedal.
The Dirty Little Secret has earned itself a well-deserved reputation for replicating the sound and feel of a classic-era Marshall amplifier, supplying one of the most iconic guitar sounds in music. When the JFETs used as the base for the Dirty Little Secret were discontinued, and as the designers' stock of them began to dwindle they knew they had to find ones still being manufactured. However, rather than simply re-voicing around these new JFETs, we decided to push the envelope and provide an amazingly robust feature-set, from ever evolving listening and circuit skills, and pure power of intention. This isn't just "a" Marshall in a box, it's the most versatile and dynamic Marshall-style overdrive out there!
The "Super Lead" mode expands the range of the DLS MkII with more gain available and more control over your tone sculpting with the addition of the midrange control while still enhancing the touch-sensitive dynamic qualities that make the DLS so great to play. The gain range now goes from classic plexi all the way to modified JCM800 levels and can get even more raw and open than any previous DLS.
The "Super Bass" mode is a new voicing that gives you the tone and gain structure of a Marshall Super Bass (which is very similar to a JTM45 or JTM50/100). This mode was voiced to really hone in on that elusive in-between "not quite clean, not quite dirty" response that old tube amps were so good at getting. And it was specifically voiced to make fuzz pedals sound great.
The Dirty Little Secret (DLS) is an overdrive pedal designed to bring you the sound and response of a classic Marshall amplifier. It, like the other pedals in Catalinbread's Foundation Overdrive range of pedals, is designed to be a "foundation" pedal - it is your "always on" pedal that forms the core of your guitar sound which you can enhance and embellish by adding boosters, fuzzes, filters, and other overdrives in front of it - just like you would in front of a real amp. And the reason you can leave it always-on is that you can get a great clean sound just by rolling your guitar's volume knob back! That's the way the old school Marshall players did things!
- Complete redesign with two Marshall modes
- Super Lead and Super Bass to suit your sound
- Fantastic cleanup with your guitar's volume control
- Ideal for stacking with fuzzes, ODs and boosts
- Exact tonestack circuits from SL and SB amps for true-to-amp response
Get yours today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.