- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Catalinbread Talisman Plate Reverb Guitar Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J20468 000000000 J20468000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Catalinbread are proud to brag that the Talisman is 479.99% smaller than the leading plate reverb. They've always felt something was amiss with so-ca...Click To Read More About This Product
Era-defining plate reverb with studio-style controls.
Catalinbread are proud to brag that the Talisman is 479.99% smaller than the leading plate reverb. They've always felt something was amiss with so-called œplate reverb settings on many products in the marketplace. Let's be honest, they often simply sounded thin, metallic and not so good.
Catalinbread's goal was to capture all the goodness of classic studio plate reverb by actually experiencing a maintained EMT140 at Jackpot Studios with recording engineer Larry Crane. Because plate reverb was born in the studio, on the Talisman they included studio style sidechain effects that are routinely paired with plates. These controls are PRE DELAY, which delays the reverb by about 100mS. And HIGH PASS, which rolls off the low frequencies of the reverb. Both of these controls allow you to tune the reverb, in order to keep it from interfering with the dry signal.
Listen to any recording from the 70' and you™ll most likely hear the sound of a plate reverb, a giant mechanical contraption roughly the size of a king size bed. It was ubiquitous in the studio, and was the only reverb used on Pink Floyd's iconic Dark Side of the Moon album for example. What made plate reverb so cool? It adds lush ambience, dimension, thickness, and depth in an unobtrusive way. When you listen to your favorite albums from the 70s you probably don't even realize how much plate reverb you are hearing. Go back and listen and hone in on the reverb sound and you™ll probably be surprised how much reverb is actually there. In the studio the plate reverb signal was often processed on the way back to the console where the things like filtering and delays were applied.
- Authentic '70s studio plate reverb
- Modern, reliable components
- User-friendly control layout lets you dial in the perfect sound
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.