- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Catalinbread Zero Point Tape Flanger Guitar Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J20467 000000000 J20467000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Zero Point Flanger is the most direct analogy to studio tape flanging that anybody has come up with. It is a REAL TIME effect not a typical modul...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Authentic studio through-zero flanging, the way it was originally done.
The Zero Point Flanger is the most direct analogy to studio tape flanging that anybody has come up with. It is a REAL TIME effect not a typical modulation effect. That is to say, unlike all other pedal flangers, there is no LFO that presents a predictable up and down swooshing sound, the trite flanger effect that died in the '80s. Thus there is no need for extraneous knobs or switches. It is a straight-foward pedal that has only one powerful control that behaves like pressing and holding your thumb on tape flange.
When the Zero Point is engaged two delay lines are turned on, subtly modulating against the other simulating the comb filtering effect akin to the playback of two tape machines. Pressing and holding the œFlange Push-Button causes one of the delay lines to slowly shift time toward the other delay line, up to the point that your signal begins to cancel out, the zero point! Release the Flange Push-Button and the delay line begins to automatically fall again. The result is the whispy subtractive ˜thru-zero™ sound that creates a sense of space and mystery. An effect that up until now can only be heard on records. It behaves just like manually advancing the take up reel and pressing your thumb on the supply reel to slow the program down.
The Zero Point Flanger automatically powers up in the inverted phase mode, resulting in a more dramatic subtractive flange effect. If you press and hold the Flange Push-Button while powering up the Zero Point you enter the positive phase mode which because it sums the two delay lines, never cancels out. This mode is a bit less dramatic than the subtractive mode but still a very tape like analogy. There are merits to both modes, ultimately it is best left up to personal preference.
- Original flange sounds created without an LFO
- One-knob layout lets you find the perfect level of modulation
- Compact, rugged design fits on any pedal board
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.