- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Darkglass Hyper Luminal Compressor Bass Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L44372 000000000 L44372000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Darkglass Hyper Luminal Compressor embodies a new era in hybrid compression like no other pedal in the industry: by digitally modeling the side-c...Click To Read More About This Product
Get the best of digital and analog in this versatile bass compressor.
The Darkglass Hyper Luminal Compressor embodies a new era in hybrid compression like no other pedal in the industry: by digitally modeling the side-chain circuits in some of the most legendary compressors in history, the engineers were able to capture their essence and characteristic behavior while keeping a completely analog signal path.
The pedal ships with 3 selectable models (more to be added):
BUS: Modeled after the Solid State Logic Bus Compressor.
FET: Inspired by the legendary 1176.
SYM: The now-discontinued Super Symmetry, transcends in the digital realm.
But that is not all! Instead of using mechanical switches (because let's face it, switches are boring), to select the compression Ratio and Mode Darkglass implemented touch-through-metal sensors.
The sensors in the Hyper Luminal Compressor detect when and where the chassis is touched and changes parameters accordingly: this technology not only provides a very new, intimate and pleasant user experience, setting it apart from any other pedal in the market, but it does so while operating with extreme consistency and, unlike mechanical switches, it is virtually unbreakable.
The pedal also features a gorgeous 10-LED gain reduction meter and four knobs:
Blend: Mixes the clean and effected signals.
Time: Sets the time constants (Attack and Release). Fine tuning and mapping can be done through the Darkglass Suite, so users can assign different constants to each model.
Compression: Sets the amount of compression.
Level: Sets the overall output volume of the unit.
Call or click to order today!
- Input: 1/4" connector for the instrument
- Output: 1/4" connector for the ampliﬁer or next effect in the chain
- 9VDC: Center negative, 250mA, 9VDC only
- The Hyper Luminal doubles the operation voltage internally to 18V for extra headroom
- USB: A Micro USB B connector allows you to connect the pedal to PC/Mac to load upcoming compressor models, set Time settings and other parameters
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.