- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Darkglass Microtubes 500 500W Bass Amp Head
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L31600 000000000 L31600000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Darkglass Microtubes 500 is a 500W amplifier equipped with an all analog solid state preamplifier and a Class D Power Module.On the top row, you ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Get the awesome Microtubes tones with a 500W power amp attached.
The Darkglass Microtubes 500 is a 500W amplifier equipped with an all analog solid state preamplifier and a Class D Power Module.
On the top row, you will find the clean section which is the foundation of your tone. It features a Gain control and an active 4 band EQ: along with Low and Treble controls, you will find Low Mids and Hi Mids controls, each knob with their own 2-way frequency switch.
On the bottom row, you will find the Microtubes Engine, an extra channel that will bring your clean tone to the next level by helping you cut through the mix while adding anything from subtle, tube-like, harmonics and natural compression to obliterating distortion.
Connect your instrument via a standard 1/4” mono cable.
Switch from passive to active mode. Some active basses can have a hotter signal output which can make the amplifier distort early (feel free to use it on Passive mode even with active basses if such additional distortion is desired).
Engages the Microtubes Engine to add natural compression, organic harmonic enhancement, and saturation ranging from mild overdrive to high gain bass rage. The Microtubes Engine operates before the clean section (you can, therefore, use the 4 Band Active EQ for additional tone shaping in addition to the Tone knob described below).
Sets the Microtubes Engine’s distortion level. Ranging from soft, warm overdrive to devastating saturation plus everything in between.
Controls the high harmonic content of the Microtubes Engine via a variable low pass filter: crank it up for additional attack and definition or dim it down for a smoother sound. This is handy when running bright EQ settings or cabinets with tweeters.
Controls the Microtubes Engine’s output volume.
Mixes between the Clean and Distortion signals (Microtubes Engine).
Selects between two overdrive circuits: B3K mode will deliver an aggressive, percussive sound while the VMT will bring up the mids for a warmer, more neutral character.
Changes the volume of the signal driving the Active 4 Band EQ. You can set it low for cleaner tone or set it higher for more aggressive growl.
+-12dB at 80Hz. Changes the low content of the signal.
+-12dB of the selected frequency via the LOW MIDS ƒ switch (described below).
Low Mids ƒ
Use this switch to change the frequency of the low mid band between 250Hz and 500Hz.
+-12dB of the selected frequency via the HI MIDS ƒ switch (described below).
Hi Mids ƒ
Use this switch to change the frequency of the hi mid band between 1.5kHz and 3kHZ.
+-12dB at 5kHz. Changes the high content of the signal.
Controls the overall volume of the amplifier. This control does not affect DI output or effects loop level.
Mutes the amplifier.
The Footswitch jack allows you to remotely engage and disengage the Microtubes Engine via the company's Intelligent Footswitch (sold separately). Hold the footswitch to Mute the amplifier. The VMT/B3K push button will remain operational with the Intelligent Footswitch plugged in.
* Use a regular mono instrument cable to connect the amplifier to the footswitch.
* Remove the cable from the footswitch jack in the rear panel if you want to control the amp from the front panel.
* The Microtubes 500 will only work with the Darkglass proprietary Intelligent Footswitch or Super Intelligent Footswitch (both sold separately). A generic Footswitch will not work with the Microtubes 500.
Call or click to order today!
- Power: 500W
- Two channels
- Single input with active/passive switch
- Mute switch
- Footswitch sold separately
- Dimensions: 9.13" x 7.48" x 2.87" (23.2 x 19 x 7.3 mm)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.